Final Fantasy VII map (small) v1.1

Aarontu

Chieftain
Hi all,
This is my first map for Civ4.

UPDATE (1.1): I added two more civs to the map:
*Cosmo Canyon-led by Bugenhagen
*AVALANCHE-led by Barret (capital at Fort Condor)
Changed Jenova to Ifalna.
I also tweaked the terrain and resources, and added goody huts.

Original Post: I've noticed that most final fantasy maps are pretty large, but I made this one on a small map, because the final fantasy worlds always seem pretty small and there isn't much cities in them. I hope the resources and start areas are not too imbalanced. Since there is no swamp terrain in CIV, the swamp area is jungle/tundra (it kind of looked like it could be swamp). (The mapview preview doesn't show all the resources.) Because the game starts in the ancient era, I thought it would be fun to have the Cetra/Ancients as a playable civ. There are only four civs on the map:
-The Cetra: led by Jenova (I know Jenova isn't one of the Cetra, but she did look like one, and she tricked the Cetra into following her for a bit)
-Wutai: led by Godo
-Corel: led by Dyne
-Shinra Company: led by President Shinra

I don't mod, so the civs are just renamed versions of normal civs.
To play, download, unzip, and place the WBsave file in your Publicmaps folder.

Please leave feedback.:)

File page:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5950

Attachments

• ff7 screenshot.JPG
    ff7 screenshot.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 3,675
  • Final Fantasy VII mapview.jpg
    Final Fantasy VII mapview.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,961
  • Final Fantasy VII map.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Final Fantasy VII map 1.1.zip
    13 KB · Views: 3,278
This is something I'd enjoy for a one-shot. The other FFIII map is just wwwaaayyy too big.

Why not use AVALANCHE as a civ? After all, they're the ones who brough Shinra down AND defeated Jenova......

Also, if someone around here could tell me how big Wonder videos have to be, I could make ones for the Temple of the Ancients, Shinra #26 Rocket, Aeris' Church, and possibly for the Gold Saucer, Lost Capitol, and Da-Chao Statue (I'd be converting Graphics from the original game for the last three, though).

I would also suggest having either Ifalna (Aeris's mother) or Aeris lead the Cetra (I'm planning on that possibility for a potential FF VII scenario for Civ III that I might make after I release the FF C3C mod).

I aggree with the other civs and leaders.... Perhaps have Yuffie (a.k.a. the Wutai Ninja) as the UU for Wutai, and either the Turk or the Makou Cannon as UU for SHinra.....

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought of having Ifalna or Aeris lead the Cetra at first, but went with Jenova since the Cetra were about extinct by the time Ifalna and Aeris were around. Maybe I should change it to Aeris or something.
That would be cool if AVALANCHE was a civ, but where would they start?

Cosmo Canyon.... That's where Barret first organized the group. Either have Barret or Cloud as leader, and possibly the Highwind as their UU.

In the Civ III FF mod, I have each faction with 3 UUs, and becsause my mod spans the entire FF series and is a random map mod, I only have two factions from VII: AVALANCHE (which includes the Ancients, Ft. Condor and Wutai) and Shinra, and the UU for AVALANCHE are the Freedom Fighters, Wutai Ninjas and the Highwind. Shinra UUs are the SOLDIER, GrossPanzer and (as soon as Orthanc gets around to making it) Shinra Attack Sub.....

Of course I'm just throwing out some ideas here. Even though I don't have Civ IV, and don't like it, I feel that the Civ III and IV communities could probably do better if we pooled what modding resources we can both use (i.e. I have at least a dozen Bryce 5 models for FF based wonders and city improvements that, while unusable as models in the actual Civ IV game for numerous reasons (incompatible format, too high polycount, etc), could be used to make some kickin' wonder movies, and while .nif models are useless to Civ III modders, if model creators could export them as .obj or .3ds, then we could import them into our various programs and use them to render the various unit and/or building graphics we need).

You have to have the turks as shinra uu's. It just has to be...

Thanks, these are good ideas. I'll probably update the map soon.
Any ideas for the leader of a Fort Condor community? I don't know if any one at Fort Condor has a name. I think adding AVALANCHE at Cosmo Canyon and adding the Fort Condor commune would take care of the large empty spaces on the two big continents.

Top Bottom