Fantasy Map (using Kael's FfH) (147x34)

watching this thread, so if I remember to load your map next game of ffh I play, I can let you know how it goes (assuming its not too big to run on my computer)

I'm in the middle of a game on this map, and there are already some changes i'd like to make. mainly, i feel it needs more hills and plains areas. if anyone else has ideas they'd like to see please post them.
hope to have new version out by this time next week (poor college students dont have much free time :rolleyes: )

This map is great with the fall of heaven mod! Only thing that I have a problem with is to find optimal city spots that make use of the most of the land. I’m pretty anal that way I know...

But I really don’t like it when the optimal city spots (Near a lot of resources, water ands more) are in location where I have to leave out good land that I cant use (Lets say I have a spot with use 3 grass plains with rivers but the rest of the land is plains, there is no real use building an extra city there just to get those 3 nice spots and the other good land parts on this area is already in another cities boarder)

Hm… Do I make sense?... I’m not sure my self, makes perfect sense when I play the game or make the resonemang work in my mind.

Dont you think it would be better to have all leaders and just dont one

one thing, my favorite leader is xabu from the octupus overlords and he are not in this scenario so i have to enyoy it with sable from tigran clans!

-> Drogear: I wanted to have a feel of some spots being very good for cities and other being only mediocre, also I wanted placement to have a large effect (ie. should i place this city in a position that is better for growth or production or commerce? because i cant do all three) however, after some play testing i admit there are some areas of the map that are just boring, which i hope to fix in the next version. which i will release... eventually... classes are hard right now, my guess would be next weekend.
to make the wait worth it, around the same time i'll have another FFH map ready, slightly smaller than this one, ready...hopefully...
->gahndi: i would love to have the choice of leaders, however it's not possible if i want to have fixed starting locations as opposed to ones the ai choses randomly. if im wrong and it is possible, please tell me how. i spent alot of time trying to figure out how to do it and finally gave up.
(switching the leaders is not difficult if you want to use xabu, simply open the map with notepad, scroll down to the players section [beginplayer endplayer] find all devour and change:
LeaderType=LEADER_ALL-DEVOURER
LeaderName=All-Devourer
to
LeaderType=LEADER_XABU
LeaderName=Xabu

same process for any other leader.

good to hear that you will realise a new version.

Btw at your sig I see a link to a medit map for sevos 2.3, the link seems to be wrong, where is that file?

gandhi rules said:
cant you make one with huge?
what do you mean? you want a bigger map? its not big enough? jeeze.
too much bigger than this begins to become annoyingly slow in late ages. atleast on my computer and i have recomended or better stats.

hmm...
that with huge its that its a globe and its something that happends to your naval units(i think its 1 exstra movement point)if you cirkelnavigate the globe, and i just like globe cause it seems more realistic!

Still haven't finished my one game, I guess Id ont play civ that often.

Are these maps compatible with 1.00 too? Can I just switch right over to play them when I finally finish?

azzacanth said:
Still haven't finished my one game, I guess Id ont play civ that often.

Are these maps compatible with 1.00 too? Can I just switch right over to play them when I finally finish?
\

yes, both my maps are compatible (i think, havent tested this one, but i dont see why not) just make sure you open them with a text editor first and change the modpath to 100 instead of 095

It is a pitty this map is not x wrap. but then again this map offers a different way to play,
and it is very enjoyable,very large map.

Top Bottom