Ivalician Mediator (Girl w/Gun) from FF Tactics (29 MAR 06)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
I've got the final unit for the Civlilization of Ivalice done for the FF mod; the Ivalician Mediator. Basically she's a chick with a gun who can "convince" (enslave) enemy units to join your cause (as the Mediators in FF T did). She could also serve as a Female Musketman, Line infantry or Rifleman replacement.

Edit: I've creted an updated version with better (but similiar) clothes, and my much improved animations. I've also included two different pediaicon sets. Download it HERE

Updated default Pediaicon preview:

Updated animation preview:

Here's the file

Here's the Preview:

Very nicely animated and well designed unit.:)

Okay (and maybe this is a bit my fault) but if you look carefully (it's easier to notice in the S direction), she's wearing a gold shirt under her jacket, which is to match her pants (like many 18th century uniforms had) :rolleyes: I may have to change her shirt color to white or something so that people don't think she's going around partially topless.....

MRTN: well, the preview animations WERE supposed to be the same speed as in game, and they were when I made the gif in Animation Shop 3.... It would seem, however, that Imageshack changed it so that all the frames were at some average framerate, so yes, the fortify and run animations in the preview are much slower than they are in-game.

A lot of the other Amazon units I'm using in my game are topless or partially so. No need to change it.

I like everything but the run. Too sloppy. I would rather see her March with the musket shouldered.

I just love looking at that atack stance :D.

Hikaro, good job on the female musketeer. You think you could do a version with ragged dirty civilian clothing? It would be for the Fallout mod.:D

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

gorn said:
A lot of the other Amazon units I'm using in my game are topless or partially so. No need to change it.

Actually, looking at the unit with alpha-blending (i.e. like it would in-game), it's obvious that she's wearing a gold-yellow shirt (the lack of definition in the breast area is a dead-givaway.... If she wasn't wearing a shirt, her chest area would have a noticable line between her breasts) Besides, the Pedia Icon is quite clear (not to mention that the gold color is fairly noticably different than her skin tone) And it's not alright that people think she's half-nude. I don't make half-neckid women, nor do I use such units in my mod. It's against my religion. If people keep on insisting on making comments about it, I swear I'll delete the unit files, re-texture the clothes in all my animation files and re-render her.:mad: One of the reason I've been making a lot of female units is because I got tired of the only ones out there being BlueO's and Kindred's nude or topless Amazon units.

Goldflash: If you would be so kind as to make a Walk-designer file for poser for a march, then be my guest, but all the run/walk type settings move the arms around, and changing the animation is a royal pain in the rear. On top of that, I've actually RAN into mock-combat situations before, and you don't carry the gun at shoulder-arms when you're charging into battle....

Thor: I MIGHT be able to do something along those lines..... I'm doing a modern Female infantry unit based on this one next, though, and the Skaven Warplock Jezzail after that, but I might be able to slide you in sometime after that ;)

Hey, it's your unit - you can do as you like with it. I'm happy to use it either way. I didn't mean to offend your religion, but I've been a big fan of BlueO's work, and I've got as many Amazon units (naked or otherwise) in my game as I could find. Each to their own.

Now that I know your preference, I certainly won't bother you again about it. I'm not a unit creator myself, so I'm grateful for anything I can download.

Hikaro Takayama said:
Note: Files won't be available until 3D Downloads gets back to me with the link (but I did upload them)
Now thinking of it, how large is this file? Because most people would use the forum's upload service instead of 3D Downloads...

Top Bottom