Gipsy Wagon

heroes182

Rockstar
I altered my Settler Wagon slightly and reskinned it to look like a Gipsy Wagon. :D
I've also included the Gipsy Wagon button from Ploeperpengel's button pack in it.

Check it out! :D

NOTE: This is *not* a working unit, just all the art files required to make one. If you want to see the Gipsy Wagon in the game, you're gonna have to do a tiny little bit of XML. Don't worry, it's really easy! ;)

Get ye file -> Download

Excellent! This would work well instead of the Great merchant IMO. :thumbsup:

Or if caravans ever truly get working...

I love it! this is worth to be taken as it is. Not sure what gypsie could do in the game. Maybe spread culture in cities they visit? Such whould be a nice idea to expand new built cities quickly. and military happiness maybe:D

Maybe spread culture in cities they visit? Such whould be a nice idea to expand new built cities quickly.

What, you mean like Philosophers in my Utopia mod? :D

I'm glad you like it, and I hope someone makes a unit out of it soon :)

heroes182 said:
What, you mean like Philosophers in my Utopia mod? :D

I'm glad you like it, and I hope someone makes a unit out of it soon :)

I'd prefer not to let them "explode" more like giving 1 culture per turn. As long they stay they produce entertainment. And maybe they should be cast out of the city after a couple of turns to represent there unliklyness to settle down, or better even let them run around totally random unable to be controlled by the player with a flavor to visit cities from time to time:D
Have an idea for that in python?

Go back to the mountains of Spain, gypsy! With your finger tambourines and your strange attraction to shiny objects.
Btw, if you wave something shiny in front of someone's face, and they try to steal it, they are a gypsy.

But anyway...great unit! very unique

Ooh, could have something like; when one takes over a city, some of the occupants flee. They could shack up in these carts and head off to the nearest friendly city, and one could chase them down, capture them, and turn them into workers or some such thing.

Perfect_Blue said:
Ooh, could have something like; when one takes over a city, some of the occupants flee. They could shack up in these carts and head off to the nearest friendly city, and one could chase them down, capture them, and turn them into workers or some such thing.

If you could make this work it would be awesome.

I was thinking more of a happiness caravan as a traveling brothel....

I was thinking about a special unit that appears somewhere on your territory once every x turn of (consecutive and complete) peace, if you have open borders with at least one other civ. Like they are coming to your civ to get a peaceful life. Bringing the unit to a city your could either:
- or leave it there and have +1 happiness :) in that city, as long as the unit stays there, and you can move it to another city later.
- or maybe you have to settle the unit in the city to create a building (bazar? I can't find a good name in english and I have not vocabolary with me. In italian: "Fiera") that gives +1 happiness :).
Prabably the second one is better, since it doen't give the unit the power to change place to the bonus. But like Ploeperpengel said:
And maybe they should be cast out of the city after a couple of turns to represent there unliklyness to settle down, or better even let them run around totally random unable to be controlled by the player with a flavor to visit cities from time to time

Anyway, I just wanted to give an idea and say good job! I wished I could edit unit as well: I downloaded 3dMax and SceneViewer, I readed tutorials on the forum as you did, I tried to use that stuff, but the only thing I understood it's that I'm never going to understand. Surely not in 30days trial.
Once again: Great Job! :goodjob:

+1 happiness, -1 health? :mischief:
(+1 happiness in a city for every other military unit based there and with a barracks present) :lol:

yatta77 said:
- or leave it there and have +1 happiness :) in that city, as long as the unit stays there, and you can move it to another city later.
- or maybe you have to settle the unit in the city to create a building (bazar? I can't find a good name in english and I have not vocabolary with me. In italian: "Fiera") that gives +1 happiness :).

What? Gypsies increasing happiness? :eek: I would not be very pleased if they settled in my neighbourhood. :D

The gypsy girls increase happiness, but maybe you'd lose 1gp/turn...

BFD, if you have the wheel sound looping, just delete the sound all together... You get no wheel sound, but it's better than what you're getting...

woodelf said:
The gypsy girls increase happiness, but maybe you'd lose 1gp/turn...

I cant see any gypsy, (girl or man) increasing anything but crime rate. :mad: The gypsy's I've seen you can't tell the women from the men anyway :eek: (and I see alot here)

Top Bottom