[New Building Model] Ziggurat

Patricius

Dominus de Bellum
Well here is my very first attempt at making a building. Its also my first attempt at 3d anything, so I had some trouble. Thanks to sharick and Dual and C. Roland for all their help in getting this off the ground. Hopefully the next building won't take so long:p

Here it is...The Ziggurat...it can be used as some early building or maybe even a Babylonian Unique building;)
Zigguratpic1.jpg Zigguratpic2.jpg

To my eternal gratification, C. Roland has re-skinned the building into something palatable. You can get the new skins HERE :D

I dont have any pictures with it in the game...because I haven't figured how to do that yet...so if someone could take one and put it up, I would appreciate it very much.

View attachment ZigguratBuilding.zip

Sincerely,
Patricius

Patricius said:
Well here is my very first attempt at making a building. Thanks so sharick and Dual and C. Roland for all their help in getting this off the ground. Hopefully the next building won't take so long:p

Here it is...The Ziggurat...it can be used as some early building or maybe even a Babylonian Unique building;)
View attachment 121575 View attachment 121576

I dont have any pictures with it in the game...because I haven't figured how to do that yet...so if someone could take one and put it up, I would appreciate it very much.

View attachment 121577

Sincerely,
Patricius

Nice model, Maybe I'll reskin it and took a in game screenshot.

That looks way too good Patricius! Awesome effort I guess ;). I will probably reskin it though.

O' and about the taking ingame screenshots, If you have a desktop computer you should press the 'Printscreen' (prt sc) button.

If you have a laptop you must press the Function (fn) button plus the (prt sc) button. If that would help! ;)

Thank you for the support...the toughest part was figuring out how to UVW map out the coordinates of the texture, so I felt to tired to make a very good skin...thats a good thing since I am not very good at drawing. Please post your re-skinning and I can probably put it at the top. :)

Also, if anyone has any specific buildings they would to have built, please make suggestions; I enjoyed doing this very much, and would like to help anyone out who needs some specific buildings. Until then, I am going to try to make a generic Greek temple...I am thinking of making for each group of civs, a culture-specific temple...the Ziggurat being the first (for Middle East)

Sincerely,
Patricivs

A parthenon would be perfect, for Greece. Maybe you could enhance the Hanging Gardens or preferably make a new one; the civ3 Hanging Gardens looked perfect, perhaps you could make one that is similar.

Also, for the Aztecs, you might want to make an Aztec temple. I'm being too ambitious here! But I'm just giving you ideas, if you need more tell me ;);).

C.Roland, I couldn't do a good texturing job either, it would be nice to see you do it:D , attached is the texture in both .tga and .bmp formats.

Attachments

• zigguratdds.zip
    285.9 KB · Views: 377
As a matter of fact, we are using it the SMAC-up remix. It's a mysterious resource, of which we currently have three - cube (this one), pyramid (the pyramids) and spiral (spiral minaret). Very nice -- can we recruit you to do more great work, Patricius? :)

Hi Padmewan, sorry I didn't reply earlier; I would be very interested in working on some specific projects; right now I am learning alot about how to create things and I am just making random buidings, but if you could give me some sort of goal that you want done, I will see what i can do. :)

Patricius

Top Bottom