Drill Sergeant (29/03/06)

R

Rabbit, White

Listen up maggots! :aargh:
This one was requested by TheLopez for Military Academy MOD.

It's unique in that I had to re-create the whole head. The original head with the helmet (this is based on infantry unit) was too big, or more accurately the helmet was too big but there was no way to remove it. Short of scaling the hat to ridiculous proportions there was no way to put it on without the helmet sticking out.

So, with knowledge of the new trick of re-scaling bones I decided to re-do the whole head (without the helmet of course). This is the first time I modeled a human head, even if it is very low poly, and I had to texture it so that it matches with the default infantry texture (which actually turned out to be harder than the model itself). I think it turned out ok if a bit chubby, in any case go easy on me. :) And for those curious, the original head is hidden inside the new one at half the size, so you could say, this guy has three brains. :band: :D

And for those of you who like scavenging my creations for parts (and you know who you are ;)), the head and the hat are separate objects although the head is missing the bottom and the top.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Attachments

• drillsergeant.zip
    69.2 KB · Views: 564
Rabbit said:
Listen up maggots! :aargh:
This one was requested by TheLopez for Military Academy MOD.

It's unique in that I had to re-create the whole head. The original head with the helmet (this is based on infantry unit) was too big, or more accurately the helmet was too big but there was no way to remove it. Short of scaling the hat to ridiculous proportions there was no way to put it on without the helmet sticking out.

So, with knowledge of the new trick of re-scaling bones I decided to re-do the whole head (without the helmet of course). This is the first time I modeled a human head, even if it is very low poly, and I had to texture it so that it matches with the default infantry texture (which actually turned out to be harder than the model itself). I think it turned out ok if a bit chubby, in any case go easy on me. :) And for those curious, the original head is hidden inside the new one at half the size, so you could say, this guy has three brains. :band: :D

And for those of you who like scavenging my creations for parts (and you know who you are ;)), the head and the hat are separate objects although the head is missing the bottom and the top.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Nice Unit, I already thing of remodel a completly new head, but i didn't have the time, but now you done it, maybe i'll use yours.

lol nice

all it needs is R. Lee Ermey's* voice and the picture would be complete.

*the drill sergent in Full Metal Jacket, host of Mail Call on the History channell, the Captain in Seven, etc.

Very cool, very cool... Hey, he kind looks like R. Lee Ermey when he was younger... was that intentional?

EDIT: I have already created the button for the drill Sergeant using R. Lee Ermey's pic :D

If you could place the head on the cavalry body, and reskin it with a red uniform, I guess even other Canadians in the forum would agree that we would finally get a Mounty! :p

Rabbit said:
And for those curious, the original head is hidden inside the new one at half the size, so you could say, this guy has three brains. :band: :D
Don't you mean he is a Drill sergeant that has a brain? :D
Great unit, as usual!

i thought about this way too, i even tried to get your rampod (with the head of a goat on it) you made for the axeman on a workers body to get me finally a Beastman :p but well the shaft of the Pod sticks out of his body... so it doesnt really look good ;) maybe you have a version without the shaft :p

Reminds me of American World War I infatry.

HAH! I spent six years in the US Army, reached the rank of Staff Sergeant, and was a Drill Sergeant for more years than I care to remember. Great unit!

Here's a button I made for this unit... just convert to DDS and you'll be good to go.

Attachments

• Ermey.png
    Ermey.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,425
HAH! I spent six years in the US Army, reached the rank of Staff Sergeant, and was a Drill Sergeant for more years than I care to remember. Great unit!
Well, if this ain't the official seal of approvement then I don't know what is. :D

@Grave: Great button :goodjob:

Oh yeah, it's official. And that button is excellent too...

NOW WHAT THE <EDIT>

...I had to edit that, it was tame by 'real life' standards, but bad enough to get me in trouble I'm guessing. I want to stay on the moderators' good side!

Top Bottom