Term 4 - Designated Players

My turnchat is over. Nobody is UP and DaveShack is ON DECK.

Just a heads up...
I currently am having problems loading windows on my pc. I may need a skip until I get it fixed. I will update as soon as I know what the problem is.

Please could we have an indication of when the next turnchat is likely to be, or at least an indication that the next DP (Nobody) has "Got It" and is preparing to play a some point. Even a rough indication is useful at first, with a specific date/time nearer the time. Posting a "Got It" within 24 hours allows the game to progress and swaps and skips to be arranged if someone cannot play.

It's been 5 days since I completed my TC and there isn't even an instruction thread posted yet. We need to do something about this. I say we skip Nobody and go straight to DaveShack.

Frankly I'm sick of DP's who don't pay attention to when it's their turn, and take forever to post their instruction thread. It's holding up the game and causing players to lose interest.

In the Civ 3 DG, I asked DP to post a "Got It" within 24 hours of the previous turnchat (succession game style) to indicate that they were aware that it was their turn and to allow them to give an indication of when they would play without having to immediately commit to a specific time. I also sent a Designated Player notification to the next player. I have sent one to Nobody in case he doesn't realise that he is up, but he's 12 hours or so out of sync with me so may not yet have seen the message.

Hey guys, im sorry i dont know if ill be able to play the next one. WHen i signed up i said i only wanted to do one just to play my part. And its hard for me to get a time when i can. The only time i guess i could it it will be thursday at 10am.

So if i can i will 10am on thursday the 10th my time. Which is GMT +12. If this time is ok with everyone else i will do it. otherwise i wont. I will post a thread in a few days if it is fine.

Too bad we didn't know this a little earlier, I could have played tomorrow afternoon, and then Thursday morning GMT+12 is Wednesday night GMt which would be good for the next session.

Now there would be people who would grumble about not having enough time to post instructions. :(

If we consider tomorrow night to be too early, I have to skip Monday night due to my wife's birthday, so Tuesday night is the next window for me. Waiting until Wednesday night is only one more day.

I say let's stick with Nobody's proposed time.

10AM (1000) Thursday Apr 13, GMT +12
2200 Wednesday Apr 12, GMT
1800 Wednesday EDT GMT -4
1500 Wednesday PDT (and Arizona) GMT -7

I'm not sure about the date conversion. Nobody, if the forum time zone support is working correctly, when you look at this message it should say it was posted on Apr 9, at 1730 (5:30 PM). Please confirm the date shows as expected. :)

I'm not sure about the date conversion. Nobody, if the forum time zone support is working correctly, when you look at this message it should say it was posted on Apr 9, at 1730 (5:30 PM). Please confirm the date shows as expected.

Yes it did, pretty clever of you. Its sunday now, i will post tomorrow morning so 4 days is long enough isnt it?

Ok iv moved it back a day to give yall time, it will be friday 10am MYTIME. i made a post and everything so it should be all good.

Top Bottom