Term 4 - Governor of Miclian's Gate

Whomp

Keep Calm and Carry On
Retired Moderator
The office of Governor Major General Idiot Whomp is open for business.

First a little recap from the CoL for governors. It seems we are at the point where we can consider a governor's council. What do you think about this? I would like to have a governor's council to help coordinate and better serve our Minister of Interior the honorable GeorgeOP's objectives. Any other thoughts about Mic.'s Gate feel free to discuss or would like to see?

I will update this page with the pertinent information and pictures as things develop.

Spoiler :
A) Governors
I. Governors are the elected officials that run cities or states.
IA. The Powers and Duties of the Governors:
1. The Governors may move any workers or garrison units assigned to them anywhere in there city's radius or state boundaries.
2. The Governor shall work with the Minister of the Interior to decide which improvement shall be built.
3. The Designated Player shall act as Governor of any cities build during his play session at the end of which, the office is declared vacant.
4. The first elected governor of a city or state may select the official flag of that city or state.
IB. Powers and Duties of the Governors Council:
1. The Governors Council shall not exist until there are at least three Governors.
2. The Governors Council shall consist of the Governors of all Cities and States.
3. The Governors Council may veto the actions of any member of the Cabinet with a 6/10 (60%) majority.
4. The Governors Council may end a State of Mobilization prematurely by a 6/10 (60%) vote after at least 7 game turns of Mobilization have passed.
IC. States
1. No states may be created until our Civilization owns at least five cites.
2. A minimum of 3 cities must exist in a proposed state at the time of its creation.
3. The Creation of a state requires a 6/10 (60%) majority of both the Citizens Assembly and the Governors Council.
II. States
IIA. States are groups of cities run by a single Governor.
IIB. Cities within states do not have their own Governor.
1. Governors of States may designate a civil government led by a Mayor in cities under their control.
A. Mayors may be appointed or elected in a special election depending on the wish of the Governor of the State. The way of choosing Mayors does not need to be the same for all Cities in a given State.
2. A Governor of a State chooses how many cities if any will have Mayors in a given term.
IIC. The Capital of [Name of our Nation Here] will never be a part of a state.

May I request that you create a scientist in your city the next turnchat? Discussion here hasn't seen any negative comments to the idea.

Gov'na Whomp

Might I borrow that Axman in your city. His sharp blade is needed to slash the the filthy Mongolians. Please include in your instructions to release him to my control.

Governor, those are good ideas in your request for the worker.

Might I give you a possability? Build a lighthouse at some point. Currently you are not growing, and a lighthouse will help you grow. It will hurt your production to work water tiles, but at present I don't see how you can work many cottages unless you grow. Up to you, just pointing out something that was suggested in another thread.

Also, just so you know, at this time I have one worker for every city, minus one. However, there is nothing needed to be done at BW right now that I know of, so a worker isn't urgent. I can use another one, but no production has gone into the worker and if you switch it that's ok with me. I will use it if you choose to finish it.

MoI GeorgeOP,
I don't disagree but the lighthouse will be limited since happiness will continue to be an issue till we acquire additional luxuries. IIRC we are at 4 happy and 3 sad so even with the gems I'm not sure if this build makes sense until more luxs are online. The grass forest would cost less and give the city to develop a cottage.

If the current worker can continue in the area then I will suggest a switch to a axeman.

The lighthouse idea was just something brought up during a discussion of all the cities production capabilities. I was just bringing up the idea to your attention. It is entirely up to you about the lighthouse, imo.

I posted an informational poll to find out what our citizens think about chopping and building cottages.

Top Bottom