Dwarf Quarreler (Apr 1st, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hello!

Here is a dwarf quarreler (=crossbowman). Enjoy :)

Here's some civilopedia info from the games workshop website:
Since the Dwarfs first came to the Worlds Edge Mountains the crossbow has ever been their ranged weapon of choice. It will easily outrange the puny bows of the Goblins and is powerful enough to drop even a Black Orc in his tracks. In more recent times, devotees of the handgun have grown in numbers to the extent that the crossbow is no longer entirely the dominant weapon. The crossbow will never disappear entirely though. The Quarrellers that remain are a stubborn bunch, preferring to trust their own estimates of range and wind than rely on a new-fangled sight. If nothing else, many of them begrudge the cost of powder when a bit of elbow grease will propel a quarrel as far as a bullet.

Here are the files:
Dwarf Quarreler (~646 kb)

Here is preview of the attack animation:

Attached is a civilopedia image preview

Attachments

• DwarfQuarrelerCivilop.gif
    DwarfQuarrelerCivilop.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 298
It is nice, although from this preview things look a bit static. If it really had been a static graphic one could say that its not very clear, due to the similar colours used for most of the body.
However im sure that it looks fine in total in the the game :)

Btw: do you plan to be making 1 unit/day for long?...

Super looking unit aaglo. I can't wait to see them in the WH mod!

I think I might just use him as the Dwarf Ranger in the FF mod instead of your old ranger unit.....

As far as I can tell, the only non-hero unit in the drwaf catalouge that need to be made is the Grudge Thrower Catapult.

Your dwarves are the best Aaglo! Great unit!! Now if you'd just add a rifle to this fellow and make a new Dwraf rifleman it would be great. I don't have anything against the old unit but your units are much better and have greater detail. Plus, the dwarf collection wold gain a valuable member :) .

Scytale said:
Your dwarves are the best Aaglo! Great unit!! Now if you'd just add a rifle to this fellow and make a new Dwraf rifleman it would be great. I don't have anything against the old unit but your units are much better and have greater detail. Plus, the dwarf collection wold gain a valuable member :) .

Quoted for the sheer truth content of Syctale's post. I aggree with this 100% (especially since a Dwarven Rifleman would be very useful in the industrial or modern eras of the FF mod)

When the unit is looking to the east or west direction, the cape seems a bit far from his back, you can see the ground through the empty space-that's a detail, the unit is really nice anyway.

Another good dwarf unit aaglo:goodjob: Seems as though you have made just about all of the Units for the WH Mod...A Tremendous amout of work! As fast as you are these days, I find myself wondering what sort of Fantastic unit you would make if you had an entire month to devote to one...

Awesome, aaglo! I've got a crazy idea for the Dwarves in the WH/LotM mods; you could make mounted dwarves on ponies, like in the hobbit. That way the Dwarves would be balanced out with everyone else.

odintheking said:
Awesome, aaglo! I've got a crazy idea for the Dwarves in the WH/LotM mods; you could make mounted dwarves on ponies, like in the hobbit. That way the Dwarves would be balanced out with everyone else.

Second Second Second Second Second!!!!

Also, a mounted Halfing/Gnome/Hobbit. Maybe on a Pony, maybe on a big dog!

Top Bottom