The Playground Mod

Bluemofia

F=ma
During the 1900s in America, the average elementary child was usually engaged in games on the playground, such as tag, soccer, playground domination... Wars were fought over patches of land for strategical positions, as well as just random plots of land because they exist.

As children of the day age and mature, they become obsessed with different things, such as lasers and giant mechs in early elementary, and then the art of swordfighting and archery in 5th and 6th grade...

All of this, and more, was part of an ever increasing, ever escalating arms race for the quest of playground domination...

Join as either the Horse, Char, or Galaxy Wars Club, members of the group wars, to destroy each other, and conquer the playground. Or, fight as Freak Attack or the Boy Union to complete the massive wars of dominating all of the school grounds, or be joined by their lesser allies, the Rebs or the United Forces, conquering or be conquered. Or you can even play as the mystereous Senso, a group not native to your elementary, but an outsider, only met by the others during Middle School, and underestimated until too late for them... For a final twist, the Staff and the Girls are also playable, either bringing discipline to the playground, or attempting to reverse the unfair advantage of male testosterone...

This mod is the result of work since July 31, 2005. It would have never been possible without the hard work and dedication of many people, including, but not limited to:

Modding Team:

Bluemofia
The Omega

Units Graphics Design:

Aaglo
Embryodead
Kinboat
BlueO
Hikaro Takayama
Chris85
mrtn
tpasmall
LizardmenRule!
Eclipse
Aluminium
Yaniv
Kindred 72
CivGeneral
Pleb
la_dav
BeBro
Piernik
Riptide
ShiroKobbure

Terrain Graphics Design:

Tzar Sasha
Spacer One
Pounder
Warpstorm
Dark Sheer

Other Graphics Design:

han_solo
The Last Conformist
Wyrmshadow
Nate1976
frenchman
Kinboat
Aaglo
Ukas
Drift
Kenta'arka
Lusikka755
Varlin Saliptor
The Last Conformist

Beta Testers (Who actually responded):

Weasel Op
Spacer One
The Last Conformist
Virote_Considon

Others who helped:

Quinzy, for helping me when I was being stupid with Flicster
Steph, for making his storyboard builder
Babyhead 5, AKA my little brother, who gave his voice to the attack A animation for the pokemon master
Tomoyo, for that's where the idea for the playground mod started from
Thunderfall, who made the forum whom everone mentioned above met
And of course, Firaxis and Sid, who made Civ III, for what else do we have to waste our time on? ;)

And now, DL version 1.0 here.
Playground Mod 1.1 patch.

The FAQ is included in the Civpedia, more reason for you to look at it. :p

CFC development thread here.

2016 edit:
Playground Mod 1.0 is out of development. Please see Playground Mod 2.0 for latest (and actually attempted to be balanced) version.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=380665

Version 1.1 includes mostly additions to reduce Freak Attack's unbalanced strength.

Special Ops soldiers to most of the later Civs.
1 more unique government: Reb-olutionary government.
Sacrificing Boyfriends for culture!
1 more imporvement for the Girls: Gossip Tent.
Lots more that I forgot.

woohoo! its done! yaaay!

(and woot my names on the credits!!)

12 mins to wait till download :( cant wait!!

Well, take some screenshots. I don't have many good ones.

My computer hates me, and whenever I take screenshots, it also adds in my wallpaper, and doesn't allow me to change the picture to get rid of the excess. So no, Omega can no take screenshots.

Can't you use paint to mess with it?

Because if you can't, then I'll edit the pictures, or you can just give me the save files, and I'll take the screenshots.

Blue, I was playing as the Staff, and the game wouldn't let me build the Teacher's Union.... I would click on it, and the icon would appear in the box, but it was still available to build in other cities build queue, and no shields were ever added to it in the city I was building it in....

That I have no idea what's wrong with. :confused:

EDIT: Ah! I've got it. I checked Capitalization, which makes it build as a wealth improvement. :crazyeye:

Check 1st post for patch.

Top Bottom