Caesar: The Gallic Wars

Traianus

Why is it dark in here?

Myself and JohnDeere are proud to present this new preview thread for the Gallic Wars mod.
Suturn6 started the previous thread and then dissapeared without trace so we thought it would be nice to be able to post our map in post#1 like everybody else does!
Credit so far goes to TheLastConformist, R8XFT, Gael and Varwnos for graphic elements and to Utahjazz, Bebro, Labmonkey, Kinboat, Zulu, Aaglo, Dom Pedro II, Supa and Mr.Will for some fantastic units.

Attachments

• GallicWars1.zip
    74.6 KB · Views: 379
Yes...the thread is finally up.

Ah, I don't think your name was mentioned William...

Okay. So now we understand. BTW, good call on using the Trajan leaderhead for Caesar, Traianus.

Edit: Yes. Mr. Will is someone else. He was the unit librarian for a while...before you came to the forums William. This is the cause for the misunderstanding.

The reason I asked you (in the old thread) whether or not it was Rome that was the only one playable was that I was thinking of doing you a set of advisors. It would therefore mean if it was just Rome, then a set of Roman advisors would be necessary. These would also serve as a set for RFRE.

What I suggested in the RFRE thread is that you could have a choice of Roman emperors to play and that would increase variety (e.g. one emperor could be Militaristic and Expansionist whereas another could be Commercial and Industrious). I've not time to explain this now, but I can show you how to ensure (if you go down this route) that there's only one Rome in each game played if you're not sure how to do it.

That's up to Trai and JD, it's their mod; I noticed in the screenshot you had "Chief Druid Catherine" so if that was going to have a female requirement, the Ancient era Gladys would fit well, especially as she has Stonehenge in the background ;) .

That's something I would have liked but Cassivellaunus kind of has to be the Briton king. He's the one Caesar fought against.
That's a glitch you saw. That's the Russians modified. No matter how many times I change it to Chief Druid Gutuater, it keep changing back. I would like at least two female leaders but none are mentioned by Caesar. We could put them in for two of the static ones you're not crazy about as those were partly for leaders whom I have no details about like the Cantabri and Aulerci and Germania Magna.
I saw what you posted in the RFRE thread and it sounds great but how would that work here? There is only one Caesar in this mod so I don't know.
Re: advisors. Yes please! Even if we do go with other playables, Roma Caesaris is the important and main one and anything else will not be taken as a priority. If you want to play as Germania, fine. It will work but without the bells and whistles. This mod is about Caesar. I want his playable to be as perfect as possible.
I'm sure Pink would be thrilled too!
@ 7ronin. I will certainly do that shortly.

Yeah, it kinda does have to be Cassivellaunus. He is a noteworthy figure too. I don't think it will be possible to simply brush him away. And Traianus is right. We will make Caesar our main priority. Other viewpoints will be able to come more freely once we have finished the mod.

There should be a list up shortly, 7ronin. Either me or Traianus will get around to it.

John Deere

Hey JD! I'm fooling around with more civ graphics right now. Rob is so very talented it's sickening. Seems he can do everything! I think we have a good thing here, though, Many good people are supporting us and that really makes the difference and encourages me. We can have a playable mod in a couple of months, I think! That would be so cool!
Right now I would like to say that if you had not come forward, I might not have gone forward with this at all. I think you need someone to back you up always.
You have been the constant force, pushing this along. I can only hope that it will be as good in your eyes as it should be.
Greatfully,
Traianuis.

Can anyone tell me if there is even one name known that could be associated with the Venetii? I haven't found a single soul to use as leader there and they're quite important in the Gallic Wars.
A lot of leader heads implemented today. The three from Rob are in and very appreciated and I converted the William standard pcx.s to ancient age. We need maybe one more LH (also for Venetii). I also put in Rob's Franks LH. That's seven of your's in total, Rob!

Personally, I don't know of any...and I don't think that there is anyone mentioned in the Commentaries. There is a slight chance I might be able to dig something up. However, this might be one of those times where I will say we might just want to use a woman for Leader just like you wanted to.

Yeah, why not? We'll just make someone up. Maybe Rob has some idea as he has made enough female ancient LH's.
Get any Easter eggs? Or do you guys do that over there?

Top Bottom