[Medieval / WHFB] NIPPON & CATHAY Armies vol1

seZereth

FfH´s art monk(ey)

Ok, this one is another very big one, had to upload the file to filegone:
NIPPON and CATHAY
Inside the Zip, there are two folders, NIP and CAT (selfexplaining isn`t it?). Inside them are the unitfolders with all neccessary files are. And here is the clue, i give you an copy from my artdefines (but i think you will have to get rid of all that minuses -, which where produced by the viewer). You simply have to make new Unitinfo and Formationinfo entries! (name the units in the Unitinfo at meshgroups exactly like the ones in the Artdefines, for some units there are 2 versions or an officer too. you can bring em both (or 2 versions and one officer) into one unit, by defining more Meshgroups! hope the abriefiations i made are not confusing!

Here are some quickly taken screenies (note, they cant resemble the full beauty of the Units, that only the game can!)

Here are the Arquebusieres for both nations (in folders and artdefines(atleast they should)named cat/gun and nip/gunash)

Here are the swordsmen (cat/sword and nip/katash) (here goes the big thanks for Rabbit white doing the sword!)

Here are the Cathanese Pikeman and the Samurai Naginata (cat/pike and nip/nagisam), the nippon kensai (nip/kensai) can be seen found this pic or at the wh fb thread!

Here are the crossbows (cat/cho and nip/crossash)

....noticed i can only use 12 images... so continued in next post!

EDIT: updated Download

Here are the spears (thanks Rabbit for the "elfen halberd" ;) ) (nip/yariash and cat/spear)

The nip/flagash is the unit i with the big standard i used and refferenced as officer for katana ashigaru and yari ashigaru, u can use em like u want.
The Officer for catay is in cat/officer ;) you know him...but now he got a new sword

Here are... well i forgot to make a screenshot from the ashigaru bowmen... (nip/bowash) and the yaricavalry (nip/yaricav), ok, well older version of this can be seen in wh fb thread post#5 asian progress screens!

And finally here are is the Celestial Guard of CATAY, these are humans! their wings are attached to resemble their status as "celestial" (perhaps i will give tweak their "wings" and refine their skin, if anyone says he doesnt like them :p)

Hehe, these Ninjas are sneaky, they wanted not to be seen, but they finally have to obey my will :p (another shot of them is in the wh fb thread ;) )

Ok, finished.... uploading the pics was more work than creating these units... (well almost ;) )

Have fun with them, ... well iknow there will be complications... so welll... fel free to complane and ask questions and tell me that i didnt sleep enough to include some important files or tell me that i should have spent more time with making buttons for the finished units instead of creating the catay gunner /celestials in a hurry.... And someone please implement them into the regiments mod as unique graphical replacements for the medieval Japanese and Chinese units!

Dont fear, buttons will be delievered later (think monday/tuesday or something, until then i wont do anything related to texturing!)

well, this ones for the bugfixes and answers (i hope there arent any!)

I love those Nippon units! These would be a great addition to the Sengoku Jidai scenario...

Holy smokes. That is just unreal. Stellar job :eek: Firaxis should hire you!

Ok hier sind deine verdammten samuraibogenschützen, gott hat mich das nerven gekostet, verpaß ihnen ne coole skin!

Sie benutzen sogar das schwert in der nahkampfverteidigung. vielleicht skinst du einfach das schwert an der hüfte als scheide, dann fällts nich so auf, daß das nich verschwindet;) Die polys sind aber wirklich hoch, vielleicht kannst du ja noch ein paar überflüssige nodes löschen, die ruckeln ein bischen, wenn man über ne große gruppe mit der kamera fährt. Is vielleicht aber auch nich so schlimm. Feintuning überlaß ich dir, nimms mir nich übel. So und danach sind elfen dran!

Ploeperpengel said:
Ok hier sind deine verdammten samuraibogenschützen, gott hat mich das nerven gekostet, verpaß ihnen ne coole skin!

Sie benutzen sogar das schwert in der nahkampfverteidigung. vielleicht skinst du einfach das schwert an der hüfte als scheide, dann fällts nich so auf, daß das nich verschwindet;) Die polys sind aber wirklich hoch, vielleicht kannst du ja noch ein paar überflüssige nodes löschen, die ruckeln ein bischen, wenn man über ne große gruppe mit der kamera fährt. Is vielleicht aber auch nich so schlimm. Feintuning überlaß ich dir, nimms mir nich übel. So und danach sind elfen dran!

Bug Thanks for that one! now i need one on horseand nippon core is also complete! (i dont mean you shall do one, the one you presented me is wonderful!

nun kannst du dich ja um elfen und norse kümmern ;) viel spass, ich mach asien fertig, ok ?

seZereth said:
Bug Thanks for that one! now i need one on horseand nippon core is also complete! (i dont mean you shall do one, the one you presented me is wonderful!

nun kannst du dich ja um elfen und norse kümmern ;) viel spass, ich mach asien fertig, ok ?

Jupp ok, leg mir n paar schöne Ostereier aus, wenn ich aus Hamburg zurückbin(Di wahrscheinlich) Ach so vergaß, brauchst natürlich n anderes Schwert an der hüfte, wenn's ne scheide werden soll, aber weiste ja, schöne Feiertage!

great stuff works perfectly (exept the last longbowman) the precedent ashigarus were hard to fix

FK2006 said:
great stuff works perfectly (exept the last longbowman) the precedent ashigarus were hard to fix

thats nice to hear, what is the issue with the longbowman?

GeneralGrievous said:
can some one make a mod for these units???:confused: :confused: :confused:

If i´m not mistaken (and I know I´m not!) the Mod you´re searching for is the Warhammer FantasyBattle Mod, because that one is what they were created for.

Although they will only be in the next release - which will hopefully come out sometime soon after easter.

And those units are just to wonderfull to believe :D :) :D

I think I just fainted.... WOW MAN! The original game should have taken these scales and unit-density!

Maybe u can sell patenty and become rich :)

Top Bottom