Stone Troll (April 14th, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

Here is a warhammer stone troll. Enjoy :)

Here's some civilopedia from the games workshop website:
These are large creatures, very strong but also rather stupid. There are many different kinds because, like Greenskins, Trolls vary a great deal in appearance. However, it is fair to say that they are universally big, ugly, hungry, and best avoided where possible.

The most most frequently encountered types of Troll are the (all too) Common Troll which is found anywhere suitably smelly, and the Stone Trolls and River Trolls who inhabit the mountains and rivers respectively. Stone Trolls are named for their rocky diet which allows them to inhabit the most inhospitable parts of the Old World's mountains where there is little else to eat. River Trolls are especially prized by Dwarf Troll Slayers seeking something exotic to kill.

Here are the files:
Stone Troll (~1,2 Mb)

Here are some animated previews (fidget, run, attackA, attackB and victory):

Version!
Here's a colour conversion of this unit:
a River troll :)

Nothing's different except the colour, which is dark-blue. enjoy :)

Files:
River troll (~1,2 Mb)

civilopedia preview:

Attached is a civilopedia preview of the stone troll

Attachments

• StoneTrollCivilop2.gif
    StoneTrollCivilop2.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 333
Yay 1st post. Sweet Troll aaglo.

That over the head attack is fearsome!

edit - Nice loincloth! I'm glad he has one. ;)

TLC, i think something twice as tall as you swinging a huge axe/club is pretty scary, don't you ;)

nice looking unit Aaglo!

Thank you! :thumbsup:
I just thought that maybe one could do a colour conversion, and make a blueish troll too. Thus we could replace both the chaos troll and the ordinary one. :)

Oh, and Gunilla thinks it's cute. ;)

aaglo, you keep making these excellent units...and I keep rearranging the unit lines for Narnia...

since you seem to be on a run of fantasy creatures...any chance you could make a 2 sword weilding centaur?...(I doubt it will fit with the Warhammer units, so feel free to tell me to piss off)

THIS IS RUBBISH

Just kidding, just thought this thread deserved an appropriately trollish response. It's not the prettiest of beasts, but it fits the bill great :)

Cheers everyone :)

Here's a colour conversion of this unit:
River troll :)

Nothing's different except the colour, which is dark-blue. enjoy :)

Files:
River troll (~1,2 Mb)

civilopedia preview:

Well I guess in the mod they're going to go black troll to Chaos and blue troll to greenskins, so never mind! (Although, I hear in the new boxed set, different trolls are going to have different affinities to the different greenskins, so if the mod followed that, common trolls might favour the goblin tribe, river trolls to orcs, and forest and stone trolls... well, we don't have forest goblin and night goblin civs, hehe)

Yeah, a "real" troll; at least it looks somewhat like the first troll I ever painted. Albeit, I painted him black. Nice job aaglo.

mrtn said:
I just thought that maybe one could do a colour conversion, and make a blueish troll too. Thus we could replace both the chaos troll and the ordinary one. :)...
Ah, the power of hypnotism suggestions. :cool:

Ah, something for my Dwarfs to practice Kulgur (the art of cooking troll) on. :)

Nice Work once again aaglo, kinda reminds of a gremlin on steroids with a roidrage problem....he-he

Top Bottom