The project with no name yet

Yoda Power

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫
Ok this is my new scenario for civ3. You can play as five different civs. I need to get you to help me with some testing. This post is going to be edited within the next hour, and I'm going to upload the scenario. Stay hooked, here's a screenie to look at in the meanwhile;)
click me!

Download I
Download II
Download III
Download IV
Download V
Create a folder called "The Last Stand" and put the files into it!!!

edit I: Ok scenario uploaded, if anyone have trouble getting the it to work just post in this thread. Now I'm going to make a better introduction and a list of things to look for when playing.

edit II:
Intro Ok this is something I've been thinking about doing for years, and now I finally got to do it. It's sort of a mix between the AoD and the MA conquests. You win by victory points or domination. I try to keep everything as realistic as possible, but in the end gameplay>accuracy counts. There are five civs as of now, but it might change. They are:
  • Ottomans - starts with a large army they are in locked war with the Slavs(Serbia+Bulgaria) and Byzantium
  • Byzantines - they are pretty weak, but Constantinople is well protected. They have the only victory point on the map in their capital.
  • Knight's of St. John - this is a very small civ, but quite fun to play. They start at war with Byzantium, but are allied with the Latins. It is possible to win with them by a combination of treasures and conquest.
  • Genoa - wins by returning treasures to their capital
  • Venice - pretty much the same as Genoa

To the testers
Anyone can help with the testing, all help and suggestions is appreciated, but this is not a democracy, I decide what's going to be changed in the end;). Here is a list of things I need help with:
  • A name! So far it's called "The Last Stand of Europe", but I don't like that name very much
  • Spell check, English is not my native language;)
  • Are the Ottomans too powerfull or not powerfull enough?
  • Is the scenario balanced in general?
  • The tech tree. Should it be bigger? Whats techs could be added, and what should they do? Does the techs get discovered too fast?
  • I need to figure out what leaderheads the civs should have.
  • It would be cool if people could make a few screenshots of their games, it help's promoting;)
  • And everything else on your mind!

Well not everyone can be red, blue or green:p

I'm not sure I'm know Ares's terrain, but I don't plan to add any new terrain at this moment.

Thanks Ares. I just took a look at your graphics, and now I think I remember them. I'm not going to add custom terrain graphics, as they take a lot of space. :)

Also that's the reason I haven't done the leaderheads yet. They would make the tester version very large.

This looks interesting ... :)

Obvious name suggestions that come to mind are "Twilight of Byzantium", "Heirs of Osman", "Ghazis and Crusaders", and "Pork of the Pope". Well, maybe not the last one. :D

Edit: Corrections for civ names:

Sienaese Republic -> Sienese Republic
Knigt's of St. John -> Knights of St John
Napolitean Kingdom -> Neapolitan Kingdom
Trebizond Empire -> Trapezuntine Empire
Latin Dukedoms -> Latin Duchies

The unit-names "Turkish Knight" and "Turkish Cavalier" sound odd - you could rename them to "Sipahi" and "Turkish Cavalry".

Ok, thanks for all the corrections already:D. I will deal with them.

About the player name: It seems to me that it will always adress the player the name of the first playable civ (Venice). This seems to be the same in the conquests, so I assume it can't be fixed.

Yoda Power said:
...About the player name: It seems to me that it will always adress the player the name of the first playable civ (Venice). This seems to be the same in the conquests, so I assume it can't be fixed.
I assume that it can be fixed.

How about calling it "Fall of Byzantium"? And yes, I know that it may not fall. :rolleyes:

Seems interesting :)

Well then you find out how:p

I think I'll compile all suggested names and make a poll later on.

Okay, I played some turns as the Ottomans, and it's been a blast. Good work! :goodjob:

The Ottoman start may be a tad strong - I ran over Thrace in a couple of turns, and started to besiege Constantinople practically immediately; the city fell in 1382.

It's now AD 1400. I've reduced Bulgaria to insignificance and conquered the middle Halys area from the Sivasians. The chief difference from the historical situation at this point is that I don't control western Anatolia.

The Serbs, despite taking a beating from me, have found the time to conquer Skopelos and besiege Salonica.

I'm very happy that you appreciate it:)

Maybe I can get you to post a save? I like to check a couple of things.

Yoda Power said:
I'm very happy that you appreciate it:)

Maybe I can get you to post a save? I like to check a couple of things.
But of course. :)

Attachments

• Orkhan of the Ottomans.SAV
    291.2 KB · Views: 51
Thank you for the save. Should Constantinople be harder to capture? In my first tests, the Theodosian Walls provided 200% defence, but I reduced it to 100%, and then 50%, which finally got the AI to capture it.

I fixed the names, and misspellings, but I'm not sure what to do with the new names for turkish units. Sipahi really covers both early and late cavalry.

TLC- btw as far as I can see it's the Knights of St John who have captured Skopelos;)

Yes, you're right about Skopelos. :blush:

The Turks are on a roll:

1412: End of Bulgaria
1416: End of Candarian Beylik
1426: End of Tapezuntine Empire

I've also conquered all of Serbia north of Skopje-Skadar and am pressing south. My Anatolian army shall shortly turn on Aydin.

I'm undecided about Constantinople - the current setup allows you to take it early on, but if you do you'll lose alot of units that could otherwise attack the Bulgarians. Maybe the trick would be making the Bulgarians a bit stronger, so you have less resources to spare for a siege.

Hehe, I just started a game myself as the Ottomans, I decided to try attack the Aydins from the start for a change. The war is going pretty well. You are right about capturing Constantinople takes a lot of units that could otherwise have been used against Bulgaria. Right now they have no Iron, giving them that might solve the problem.

Won by VPs in 1458, after having eliminated Serbia in 1450. I was busy subduing the Aydins and the Latin Duchies as victory hit, and I was preparing to mount a counteroffensive against the Lombards, who had plodded across Bosnia and seized Belgrade.

Attachments

• Orkhan of the Ottomans.SAV
    340.2 KB · Views: 51
Do you think the victory limits should be raised? I'm thinking both domination and victory point.

I just won by domination, here is a screenshot of my territory, it's really not that big. (sorry for the bad quality, but I was lazy and used paint)

Attachments

• domwin.GIF
    domwin.GIF
    27 KB · Views: 89
Top Bottom