New Unit - Trojan Horse

pesoloco

Civ-aholic
"Beware of Greeks bearing gifts"

** UNIT FINISHED - SEE PAGE 3 FOR DOWNLOAD **

I thought it would be kinda fun to add a Trojan Horse unit to the game. This unit would be a land unit (wheeled) capable of transporting 2-3 foot soldiers (maybe possibly function as an army)
This unit is for ancient times

Here is a preview:

Attachments

• trojan.gif
    trojan.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 6,074
Is it possible, after loading the units, to have it not show country's flag (like a privateer)? That is, can you really use it to sneak close to an enemy city?

Well you can give it a Hidden Nationality, which is what Privateers have now, but I'm not sure if that would also apply to the units inside. The only thing is, that if it is "colorless" then any other civ's units will attack it if they come across it. And I'm not sure what would happen to the units inside if the horse was attacked or destroyed.

hidden nat wouldnt suit the horse here.. in civ3, every AI will attack a hidden nat unit...so you wouldnt get anywhere far with it

As a test, I used the editor to make the warrior unit have submarine ability. In the game, i declared war on my neighbor right away. He did not attack my warriors nor could I see his.
Based on these results I think Submarine+Hidden Nationality might be a good combination.

Originally posted by pesoloco
As a test, I used the editor to make the warrior unit have submarine ability. In the game, i declared war on my neighbor right away. He did not attack my warriors nor could I see his.
Based on these results I think Submarine+Hidden Nationality might be a good combination.

Thank you for that info. I used that ability to great effect in Civ2, but I had read that it no longer worked for land units in Civ 3. It will fit in well with this Sabotuer unit I've added. 2 moves, all terrain as roads, and Airdrop ability, range 8. Though I think maybe Hidden Nationality would be overdoing it. Now I'll have to create a land unit that can spot submarines I suppose.

Yeah, hidden nationality is a bit excessive.

I just thought this might be a fun unit though

Possible Ideas:
- make this a special unit for Greece?

A hilarious idea, but seriously how could you ever use more than one? I know the "AI" is dumb but you're really taking the piss now - I can just see them.

One morning in Babylon
"oh look there's a wooden horse, bring it in Hammurabi!....Aaaaaargh!!"

two days later in the new Capital
"oh look there's a wooden horse, bring it in Hammurabi!....Aaaaaargh!!"

ad infinitum...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps a small wonder...? I mean after all it is a small wonder that those fools fell for it in the first place!

Go for it Pesoloco!:goodjob:

From this phrase we gain the experssion...

"Beware of greeks bareing gifts".

This should read...

"Beware of Trojans, There a bunch of Morons".

My 2 cents, Unit looks cool, Have to try it. Sub+HN is my vote.

Even better, a wooden rabbit that carries units, except that they always forget to get inside, and the enemy catabpults it back at them! Monty Python rules!

But if you go that route, you'll have to change the Catapult's animations so that you can see that they're firing dead cows into a city. Not to mention the Knight's animations, to show some guy behind him clacking coconut shells together.

A catapult firing cows doesnt seem like such a bad idea...... :D As does the knight idea but where would they get the coconuts?????

Top Bottom