VQ05 - The Conquistadors

Maquis

King
I am about to start the next game in the VQ series; The Conquistadors!

Playing as Spain. Our goal is to conquer the new world! We cannot win the game until we have control of the new world. We must control every city on the new world's continent.

Game specs:

Prince level
Normal Terra Map, default AI settings
CIV 1.61 version
All victry conditions enabled - but we cannot go for any kind of victory until the New World is conquered.

Roster:
Maquis
GreyFox
open
open
eekor - Alternate?

Planning on starting this sometime over the weekend. Still looking for a couple of spots. Open to all, but VQ vets get preference.

I'll definetly be in, sounds good...

@troilus: Always peace would make it a little bit harder to conquer the new world...

@ Woobi, yeah--you'd have to be quick over there . . . depending on the difficulty level, that might get dicey, depends on how good an sg crew you quys manage to be.

maybe "always peace or war", if not always peace? I'm not sure how that one works, but it sounds excitingly precipitous. Does it mean it goes "always war" once you declare?

Whatever you decide, I'll be watching. Terra is a great map style.

Ok, first off, we're starting this game off with 1.61, so the_scorpion645, you'll have to patch if you want to play...

re: always peace (or peace/war) there's a couple reasons I wouldn't want to do these. Always peace won't work, in case one of the AI's get a city in the new world. Maybe I should have been a little more clear on the "conquer the new world" part... we have to control *every* city in the new world! If we were always peace, we'd be screwed once an AI set foot on new world soil...

Here's the story of "always war or peace"... (well unless it was chanced in 1.61) In a normal game, it works just like always peace. You don't have an opton to pick war. Always war or peace is a scenario/worldbuilder tool. It's meant to be used to set up blocs of Civs that are always at war (or always at peace) with others.

So no using that... for the same reason as above.

Now, I could make things interesting, and turn on raging barbs... that would really make it hard to rape the natives... I mean conquer the new world. :)

Oh, and just a confirmation of who's in:

Roster:
Maquis
GreyFox
Woobi
seezachsiwm
open (would enjoy another VQ vet here if possible)

alt: eektor

OK bobrath's in. Roster is set! I'll see if I can kick it off tonight...

Roster:
Maquis
GreyFox
Woobi
seezachsiwm
bobrath

alt: eektor

We'll all do 20 the first round, and then drop to the normal 10. The normal 24hr "got it"/48hr play timing appreciated.

Ok, I started the game... little did I know that the autologger was not working for me in 1.61! Also, screenshots are not taking? hmm... I guess I don't have anything pretty for details of the report. I will have to work on that!

I played us up to 3000BC. I think that is 20 turns. I didn't realize how much I relied on looking at the autolog to find out turn numbers!!

Tech-wise, I went meditation - polytheism. WE got both religions, hopefully this will help us big time. Not sure if we can get Judism now, since I have detoured for a couple worker techs, hunting and now researching wheel.
Built a warrior and then set on worker. Worker is due in a couple turns. Lost one warrior to a lion... Fox, you need to put me in touch with your RNG god...

Anyways, we have met Qin, who is directly south, Cyrus, JC in unknown locations.

Here's the save. Hopefully Greyfox can get some screens to show our start...

Fox, you need to put me in touch with your RNG god...
I will put in a word or two for you in my evening prayers ... :lol:

OK, Got it, playing tonight (12 hrs time). And a warm welcome to new players Woobi and seezachsiwm :)eek: that is a difficult one to pronounce :lol:) to the VQ succession game.

EDIT: Ah, realized it was a typo, so its seezachswim ... not so hard to pronounce afterall :lol:

--

Ok, I just realized why my autolog didn't work. I had checked "lock modified assets" in the game options (the old "no cheating" option. For some reason that causes autolog not to work for me. I didn't think that would have been the case... does anyone know if that's a problem with my installation of autolog, or if I just did a major :smoke: ?

Woobi, thx for the screenie. As you can see, we have cows, ivory, and corn in the BFC.

Hopefully with the 2 religions, we can get a couple shrines going here and get some good commerce going in Madrid.

I'll check tonight when i get to the game. If autolog does not work for everyone due to the lock-modified-assets thingy, would you be calling for a restart?

-

I think we would be expanding south to block Qin who would be expanding north. There is two sites I am interesting in, (a) SE of capital in between the stones and golds by the bend of the river, and (b) SW of capital, also by the bend of another branch of the same river to grab the ivory, rice and cows.

Anyone wanted to go for all 7 heads of hydra :eek:? :lol:

-

no.... that's just silly!

but I'll have to wait a while to brand this game with my own silly thoughts!

Started the game, and indeed, there was no dialog box asking which autolog file to save ... so autologger is locked out. I don't mind playing without the autologger, so I'll continue playing right now. But if the group feels they want the autologger, I don't mind a restart either. Just voice out before I waste 1 hour typing the report :D

-

Crap... my bad! I think I was confused at the new terminology in the 1.61 patch.

I will now subjugate myself to major :whipped: punishment.

I personally like to keep going in this start, but will bow to the wishes of teammates. I can restart if needed...

Top Bottom