v1.61 Show Tiles and other settings not saved?

redbirdpat

Chieftain
I have had this problem with every version, including 1.61. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or I just can't figure out how to do it. I've searched the forums and didn't find an answer. Whenever I play, I like to see the tiles outlined. So I push the "Show Tiles" button, and the tile outlines are displayed. If I save the game, and then restart, the tile outlines are gone. I have to select "Show Tiles" every time I start the game. This also appears to be true for the other settings as well, like show resources, etc. I've also tried saving my profile under advanced options, but that didn't work either. I guess if there is an xml file that I can modify, that would help, but shouldn't the game remember my settings that I used last? Sorry if this is not a bug, but I have not been able to find a solution.

I'm glad you reported this. I noticed it too, and it bugged me, but out of fear for getting harassed for posting too many small bugs I decided not to post it.

I have something to add. When you alt tab, the yellow highlights around the border change back to default. Example: Check Toggle Bare Map, it will be yellow, and the bare map can be seen. Alt tab out, alt tab in. The bare map can be seen, but the button is not yellow. Clicking on it again turns the button yellow (on) but the bare map is not shown (off).

Top Bottom