Not open for further replies.

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
These are city graphics for Vietnam. The eras are divided as follows:

1) Ancient- The Kingdom of Nam-Viet / Trieu Dynasty: 207-110 BCE
2) Middle- The Kingdom of Dai Viet / Dinh -> Tay Son Dynasties: 967-1802 CE
3) Industrial - The Ngyuen Dynasty: 1802-1945 CE
4) Modern - Vietnam: 1976 CE -> Present

The preview is a bit grainy since it's a JPEG file. It looks much better in game. ;) A better preview is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=130141&page=4

Attachments

• NamViet.zip
    41.6 KB · Views: 363
I don't like how you use CE; I don't care what they do its still AD to the government and to me and my household it ALWAYS will be AD. BTW the graphics are fine.

I dislike the use of AD and very much prefer CE, but that is aside from the topic.

I'd hate to get political here, but I must admit that I am quite annoyed by that statement about Vietnam being "all tunnels." Simply associating Vietnam with VC tunnels is quite insulting, especially considering that Vietnam has a very long and very complex history stretching thousands of years that the both the East and West are often ignorant to. :rolleyes:

"CE" is "Common Era", just another name for "AD" which is "Anno Domini" (which translates as "In the Year of Our Lord"). I always use CE when I refer to histories of non-Christian, non-Western civilizations, but that's just my preference. Whether one agrees with it or not is aside from the point.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I had to take some creative liberties in creating these since so many of the ancient architecture of Vietnam was destroyed by warfare and natural disasters. It's very very difficult to find good specimens of classical Vietnamese architecture online. :crazyeye:

El Justo said:
well done! you're making quite a niche for yourself with all of these splendid asian sets!

I loathe the Firaxis Asian sets so I do what I can to get rid of them. ;)

And no, I do not live in Vietnam. My family fled from there (and lost everything) because of the Vietnam War.

The point of these cities are to steer clear away from cheesy stereotypes (as the old Firaxis "Asian" graphics were).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom