[Req] Native American Canoe

R

Rabbit, White

This one was requested by Jeckel. It uses galley animations but has its own attack effect (like galley's arrow but without the fire) and supports team color (I'm still having some difficulties with it and haven't done extensive testing so let me know if there are any team color related bugs).

'

The galley.nif file in there is not a mistake, for some reason if I remove it the pedia entry gets messed up.

To properly setup the unit you'll need to modify the effects XML file in addition to artdefines file. Here are the required entries (not counting the basic unit definition in CIV4UnitInfos.xml):

In CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml add the following:
Code:
<UnitArtInfo>
	<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_CANOE</Type>
	<fScale>0.18</fScale>
	<fInterfaceScale>0.6</fInterfaceScale>
	[b][color=#880000]<NIF>Art/Units/Canoe/Canoe.nif</NIF>
	<KFM>Art/Units/Canoe/Galley.kfm</KFM>
	<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Canoe/Canoe_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>[/color][/b]
		<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
	<ShadowDef>
		<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/GalleyShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
		<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
	</ShadowDef>
	<iDamageStates>4</iDamageStates>
	<TrailDefinition>
		<Texture>Art/Shared/water_ship_wake.dds</Texture>
		<fWidth>1</fWidth>
		<fLength>180.0</fLength>
		<fTaper>1</fTaper>
		<fFadeStartTime>.2</fFadeStartTime>
		<fFadeFalloff>0.35</fFadeFalloff>
	</TrailDefinition>
	<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
	<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
	<bSmoothMove>1</bSmoothMove>
	<fAngleInterpRate>720.0</fAngleInterpRate>
	<fExchangeAngle>25.0</fExchangeAngle>
	<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
	<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
	<AudioRunSounds>
		<AudioRunTypeLoop>LOOPSTEP_OCEAN1</AudioRunTypeLoop>
		<AudioRunTypeEnd>ENDSTEP_OCEAN1</AudioRunTypeEnd>
	</AudioRunSounds>
	<SelectionSound>AS3D_UN_OCEAN_END1</SelectionSound>
	<ActionSound>AS3D_UN_OCEAN_END1</ActionSound>
</UnitArtInfo>
Make sure you reference the Galley.kfm in the canoe folder and not the original one.

In the CIV4EffectInfos.xml file (assets/xml/misc) add the following:
Code:
<EffectInfo>
	[b][color=#880000]<Type>EFFECT_CANOE_PLAINARROW</Type>[/color][/b]
	<Description>Canoe Plain Arrow Effect</Description>
	<fScale>0.7</fScale>
	<fUpdateRate>1.0</fUpdateRate>
	<Path>Art/Units/Canoe/fx_Canoe_PlainArrow.nif</Path>
	<bIsProjectile>1</bIsProjectile>
	<fSpeed>300.00</fSpeed>
	<fArcValue>3.0</fArcValue>
</EffectInfo>
DO NOT change the name of the effect, i.e. EFFECT_CANOE_PLAINARROW, everything else you can experiment with. ;)

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Attachments

• canoe.zip
    106.3 KB · Views: 389
Sweet!
Strange issues you have with the pedia:confused: Shouldn't the nif art define be galley as well then. Your card I think refers only to the fx but older cards won't be able to read that. Can't confirm that though cause bought me a new one.

Btw who's firing there? That seems to be the most dangerous canoe I've ever seen:D

Ploeperpengel said:
Sweet!
Strange issues you have with the pedia:confused: Shouldn't the nif art define be galley as well then. Your card I think refers only to the fx but older cards won't be able to read that. Can't confirm that though cause bought me a new one.

Btw who's firing there? That seems to be the most dangerous canoe I've ever seen:D
Well the thing is that it doesn't show the galley, it shows the canoe in pedia but for some reason if I remove galley.nif the pedia entry is completely blank except for the button. Maybe I should've cleared the cache or anything, I'll try it out.

It's the Flying Dutchman of canoes :D

Absolutly exsquisit. More then I could have hoped for. You have my deepest thanx Rabbit. :)

OMG I LOVE IT!!!!! It gives me that ancient feeling i cant describe, and brings out a magical world of the ancients, in which you think there is many secrets and you want to know them all.

Rabbit White may I use this canoe for my mod????

Slavic Sioux said:
Rabbit White may I use this canoe for my mod????
Of course, you can use any of my units for anything as long as you give me credit. :)

Thank you, aslo would it possabal to make the canoe an outtrigger???

Wyz_sub10 said:
If it's an outrigger, I'll see about putting together a Moari mod...or maybe use this for Polynesia. Hmmmmm....

Maori, if you please... ;)
(Btw, Maori warcanoes are single hull, you know)

GeoModder said:
Maori, if you please... ;)
(Btw, Maori warcanoes are single hull, you know)

Just a typo....my wife is 1/32nd Maori. :p (honestly)

Outriggers are single hulls, no? A former girlfriend of mine from New Zealand (Samoan, not Maori) used to race them.

I'll defer to you on this, though.

NikNaks93 said:
Will we be seeing this as a galley EDU anytime soon?
I don't know, it seems to me that a canoe doesn't even come close to a galley - completely different classes of boats, so it doesn't seem appropriate. In any case, it'll be a while till I get to mechanical units. :)

Here's my take on Rabbit, White's excellent model.

I wanted to make this into a Waka as the Maori UU. I knew I couldn't change the model to reflect the unique iwi carvings, nor could I extend the hull of the boat.

Instead, I re-patterned the alpha channel to look like a waka carving, making it take on the colour of the civ. I've also added a Maori symbol on the paddle, and painstakingly added another waka pattern on the oar handles, which cannot be seen whatsoever. :)

I've added this in the database, and it will be included in CIV Gold 3.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2479

Attachments

• Waka_pic.jpg
    Waka_pic.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 350
Top Bottom