270-ish BC (Rise of Rome)

zimtallist

Chieftain
This is a mod based around 270-ish, though i dont know how accurate that is. The map and civs are based off Rome-total war. and i used that to make the map. All of the civs are playable, but if you play as one of the "barbarian" civs you'll be at a disadvantage because of location mainly. Most of the civs are at war with one or more enemies so youre early goals are set to war, I set troops as i saw fit, though it isnt very balanced. There are barbarians, but the Macedonians flag looks just like the barbarians, so just check before you attack
The civs are as follows

The Greek Empire
Germanic Tribes
Egyptian Empire
Gallic Tribes
British Tribes
Spanish Empire
Roman Empire
Parthian Empire
Numidian Empire
Seleucid Empire
Carthaginian Empire
Pontus Empire
Scythian Tribes
Armenian Empire
Thracian Empire
Dacian Empire
Macedonian Empire

http://www.filehosting.cc/download.php?id=ED36485A

The File isn't too big, but the amount of troops may make it laggy, I hope it works:goodjob:

I tried to download the scenario...seems GREAT!!! Except there's nothing in the worldbuilder file...I don't think so anyways...help!!

<Mike

I think "Celtic" tribes would be more fitting for both Gallic and 'British' tribes...

Sorry for that link that was up there, i fixed it so it should be downloadable now.:goodjob: And i'll look into changing the names.

Umm...I think my computer's just being stupid, I tried the new link, but it said the website couldn't be found....hmmm....well, I'll keep looking... :)

Well it seems to work, but ill try and see if theres something wrong with the download place:goodjob:

Sorry about that, I was right, my computer wasn't being cooperative before. It works now though. I'm looking forward to playing and telling you how it goes...It looks great!

Mike

This might sound dumb, but I clicked on the link and I got to the site, but I cannot see the file there. It says rise of rome and the size, but I can't see the file.

Drtad said:
This might sound dumb, but I clicked on the link and I got to the site, but I cannot see the file there. It says rise of rome and the size, but I can't see the file.

Well i think you need to enter the code down at the bottom, the little numbers and letters. see if that works:goodjob:

Just some things I noticed. I played as Armenia and I saw that the capital should be Artaxata, not Artaxarta. The Parthian capital should be Ecbatana. The leader for Pontus should be Mithradates, not Cyrus. Armenia should have some more metal resources, and should be at war with the Seleucids and the Parthians. Just some feedback.

Drtad said:
Just some things I noticed. I played as Armenia and I saw that the capital should be Artaxata, not Artaxarta. The Parthian capital should be Ecbatana. The leader for Pontus should be Mithradates, not Cyrus. Armenia should have some more metal resources, and should be at war with the Seleucids and the Parthians. Just some feedback.

Thanks, im starting on a v2, so that will really help:goodjob:

Thanks. One more thing, it would be better if the Armenian leader was Ardashes, because he began the Armenian dynasty in 180BC.

Just a couple of friendly suggestions. With Carthage it might be good to put coastlands between Caralis, Carthage, and Sicily. And also to either put more fish around the cities or put rivers in. As it was the cities were really small and starving.

I like the scenario, but I wish you had capped the tech tree. It is 240BC and I have rifleman. It would have been amazing if you couldn't advance beyond sowrdsman and galleys. Riflemen and frigates don't belong.

Fun to play though. I like the chaos of having so many civilizations to contend with.

Rome in a Day said:
I like the scenario, but I wish you had capped the tech tree.

YES, definitly. I would like to see the tech tree from "Greek world". Sadly iam not able to managed it... who could help and enhance the scenario?

Top Bottom