Roman Officer 2nd May 2006

Wyrmshadow

Deity
Original concept by Kal-El.

I really, realllly liked his original artwork that I had this in the back of my mind for a long time and always wanted to make it. So now after I did my Rocketeer for SOE I decided to try it and I like the result. He shoots a BIG black powder Colt revolver and even thrusts with his sword. Instead of a saber in my original preview picture, I modified a Gladius into a giant Bowie style sword/knife. I tried to make it as close to Kal-El's sketch as I could with what I had. Last night as I was animating... I was 'modeling' myself with my own saber and pistol to get the movements juuuuusstt right.

People are very hard for me to make so don't bother requesting any more.

Roman Officer download 949k

Incredible unit. I echo Rob in saying this is a great Unit of the Month entry.

hmm... what could i use it instead of?
it aint a musketman... and it aint a rifleman... some attack unit between these 2...
hmm... if it had a different helmet it would suit for all civs as a completely new unit, but the helm is just TOO Roman..

:thumbsup: Nice job Wyrm. A fun little distraction from the daily grind of WW2 unit creation Eh? I agree, Figuring the best way to use it will be a challenge. Hmmm.....A king unit maybe?

Oh ditto on the Enter this into the Unit'o tha month thing. He's great.

Edit: Oh wait. You did. Huzzah.

Hey Wyrmshadow, rumor has it you created a PT boat. Would you have a link to it--if the rumors are true?

Wyrm another great unit I definately need to find a use for in my modded epic game. I love the victory salute simple and effective.

Halidon he did make a PT boat also german E / S boats.

You did a great job translating the art into a unit.:goodjob:

Hey, can you make an alternative version of this unit w/ a Rifle? I need a Risorgimento Rifleman, this would be excellent for it.

Yeah, it's called the Roman Grenadier.

People are very hard for me to make so don't bother requesting any more.

no, I that one has a "Musket" I wanted this one with a "Rifle". sorry bout that little error in communication, but can you do it?

Oh the Drill Sergeants are going to LOOOOOOOOOVVVEEE you.

No. It's not as simple as you think.

Top Bottom