New Unit: Awing

tpasmall

Dark Lord Of The Sith
This is the completed awing for my star wars mod, complete with sound, civilopedia pics, and units_32 pic.

Attachments

• awing.ace
    290.6 KB · Views: 891
Heres a preview of the death animation

Attachments

• awingdeath.gif
    awingdeath.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 2,804
Yup, that looks great!

In fact, I am currently working on the X-wing if noone else is working on it (don't want to have two person working on the same thing ;) )

Hey maybe i can make some star wars units also(maybe) because i have starwars galactic battle grounds (a kind of new game) and they have every starwars unit known!Maybe iI can transfer some of their models?:D

Dark Sheer, you're working on an X Wing? Ok, I'll go ahead and stop my work on that. If you want pictures of what I've done, just ask. If you're making it from that animation from scipio, then yours is different.

Originally posted by Plastic Bag
Dark Sheer, you're working on an X Wing? Ok, I'll go ahead and stop my work on that. If you want pictures of what I've done, just ask. If you're making it from that animation from scipio, then yours is different.

Yup, I am using Scipio's graphics. But I can promise that the attack animation will be something very different (I have some funny idea after looking at some of the file posted by Scipio. ;) ) While the basic will still be from Scipio's graphics, there will be alot of mix and match when the attack animation is done. :D In fact, I will base on this very same idea to come up with the Tie Interceptor's animation as well so that both can be at the same level when one attack the other.

I will try to post a preview within the next few days if I am not travelling. I just came back from Shanxi last night and I might need to go there again sometime next week (It took about 13 hours on train or 1 hour by flight plus 3.5 hours by car. Travelling in China is still pretty time consuming. :) )

just a question...how do we change unit32 file so that it includes Awing and R2 (plus other future units) all together? I tried editing it once, but the game started to give me stupid errors and crashed...:(

it has to be changed in a program like paint shop pro, and be resaved as a .pcx file :D

I sense a disturbance in the force...

Could it really be that there is a small(?) underground(?) movement yearning for a Star Wars mod/scenario?

Heh, the Star Wars mod is already underway, thats why all these units are being made :D

I'm a master of the fine art of understatement. I kinda figured there might be a fairly large move towards a mod of that type. I mean, just look at all the Star Wars avatars running about.
Like Dark Sheer, for example.

hey tpasmall, i noticed that a-wing hovers slightly strangely....turn on the team colors and you'll see that it hovers a bit off center...due to this the animation is also off the correct positions.

Otherwise, unit itself seems to be working good :D

Top Bottom