Maasai Warrior

Hey nice work! I like it a lot.

FYI: The Maasai are from Kenya. Largely nomadic herders. The jump you've got as the victory is entirely appropriate too, for they do this at a number of dances. You'll find that they usually wear red robes. They often paint their faces with red and white, and also go for scarification. Another characteristic decorative element of Maasai culture is their bead work. You'll find both men and women with huge collections of tiny, coloured bead chains around their necks. Again, often red or white in colour. You'd find them in place of the neck piece you have atm (which is still quite appropriate). I'll find some Maasai pics and put them in the spoiler for your further info.

EDIT: Here are the pics and it seems the Maasai live in parts of Tanzania also.

Spoiler :

A group of young warriors on walkabout

Here's the jump!

Masai Warrior

Some kids

Masai Lady

The Mamas

Looking out over the Maasai Mara or Sarangeti plains most likely. They live in a beautiful land, largely made up of great tracks of game reserve.

Looks great, Shiro. I like the victory jump too.:)

Shiro, why don't you put the Date in the name of your thread so we can keep track of such things?

Unit is great.. but it seems, that you haven't included units32 for this
?

I'm just following your lead, Shiro!

As I said before, the real gaps for Africa are in the early modern/industrial period, with muskets and so on. But the gaps are getting filled, slowly but surely...

Great unit! Two questions, though:

1. What the hang is that thing on his head? Reminds me of that little spitting dinosaur from Jurassic Park. Is it supposed to be like those collars those kids were wearing in Rambuchan's post?

2. The spear seems, I dunno, too European. Aren't the Masai spears more Zulu-esque, or at least more of the shaft being steel? (My dad's got a spear -- from Mali, though -- and the whole thing is steel...)

Regardless, I'm downloading this unit and putting it in my mod...because it still very good.

ShiroKobbure said:

I just copied that, I dont have any ideas of zulu spears.
Ah, now I see. It's all clear to me now!

Holy cow, look at Sheena givin' the "Iklwa" to Conan's gut!

Top Bottom