the oobs 2nd pitboss game, 18 players

Berlin news:

German central command would like to announce complit destruction of Spanish offencive forces.

Spanish army, consisted ot 4 Axes, 3 swords and 8 catapuls were whiped out complitly at the border of German empire. It seems this offence force
were part of long turm plan of Spanish agression.

This army seems to made minimum 15 ties track across jungle and wildiness, partially helped by the road Spanish empire build across jungle.

Seens nearest Spanish city about 15-20 ties away from German Empire this show long turm treacherous planinh, done in time when Germany and Spain had open borders agreement. This plot were discovered by german inteligence.
Unprotected settler and worker were asked to join Germany work force.

German military analists complitly puzzled by this development.
Her Shultz of German Institute of History risently publish his history of German-Spanish relationship, extract from which we providing below.

First incounter between German and Spain empire happened resonably late, when German scout found Spanish warrior near Russian capital.
This discovery prompt attemp to find Spain home land. Scouts were dispatched north, but it was quet long time befor they come on Spain land, which is far North West from Germany.

Little bit later first Spanish/German war happened, when Spanish warrior suddenly move next to unprotected German worker in a back of German empire.
German empire decided that this is a hostile act and order were given to the brave axeman to destroy offended warrior.

Nothin happened for a long time. Eventially relationships were normalised and open border agreement were signed based on standart German condition of mutial non scouting.

Everthing were peacefull for a long time and german Empire hoped for a long turm friend, as we had no any strategic reasons for conflict.
But that was not plan of Treacherous Spanish.
In the middle of Russian/german war, wehn Germany desperatly defended it's land from Russian agression 3 Spanish axes appear near border of Germany and break open border agreement we had by entering Garman land.
Open border agreement was desolved and german military ordered to intersept offended axes.
Few turns later second German/Spanish war was started and offended axes were destroyed. Soons scouts were dispached to patroll German Nothern borders, checking for Spanish military activity.

Resonable time after that scout found Spain offence stack together with unprotected settler. Local mobilisation were implemented and Spanish settlers enter German work force.
Now we selebrate german victory.
Still, we can not explain Spanish agression. It is clearly were extrimelly hurd on Spanish economy to create and pay for this force whey it go a long way across the wildeness. Spain proper were protected only by old man and children all that time. German analists are lost to explain, why that was good for Spanish empire.

In a mean time English economic agression continues.
England now took first place in population, GNP and trade, achieve 100 GP/turn GNP and Build a magnificient wander. Only absolute peace let it to enjoy castle system, which generally prevent any defence whiping.
England direct neybors coming more and more behind and soon will have no chance agains England domination.

PS: To be true I am a bit dissapointed that no one else publish this little stories. For me half of fun plaing the game is to make them and I would had enjoy reading other people stories about straggle of there Empires.

The "stack" was dispatched when the German-Russian war began, at Russia's request, in order to help defend russia if necessary. These were leftovers from the American-Spanish war, and the course of the stack was diverted once Germany declared war on spain - the violation of the borders was an accident, as the axemen were sent to explore unexplored territory near the german border, but by the time they arrived, the borders had expanded and the units moved before their orders could be changed. I have attempted to explain this but Germany refused to even acknowledge attempts to communicate.

(In addition, the settler and worker were supposed to be protected, but due to a DSL outage in my neighbourhood, I couldn't move units for the 2 turns that they were supposed to move. This isn't Germany's fault as they appeared to have followed the 12-hour "good faith" rule in waiting for their units to move, but I was disappointed to find out that units didn't move, production didn't occur, and workers didn't work unless you logged in. Unfortunately time constraints and further connectivity problems mean I'll probably be missing more turns over the next 4 months, probably about one a week on average. The connection doesn't seem to want to go through while I'm on campus, probably because they're blocking certain outgoing ports, so any turn that requires me to move after Wednesday evening EDT will probably not be completed, as the earliest I can move after then is Friday afternoon. There is a similar but not as severe time constraint on Tuesdays.)

ok Brizza has missed the last three turns, so I'm looking for a replacement, see this thread. In the meantime the AI will take his empire.

Brizza: you can reclaim the game if you get a message to me before I find a human replacement. After that it's too late.

ok the replacement position has been filled by richm.

EDIT: ok apparently Brizza sent me an email I didn't receive... anyway I've given him back Mali and put down richm as a reserve player. I've sent out an email regarding new protocol for going away so as to hopefully avoid future mishaps, but to repeat myself, change your name to 'on holiday' or some such when you know you're going to be missing more than one turn.

One of our Fellow CivFanatics members wants to start a 24 player PTBS game on a 'real-earth' style map. He needs more players, and I told him that I'd help him recruit. I know some of us are always looking for more games to join, so here's the thread, in case you haven't noticed it yet:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=180821

Read the thread, take a look at the MOD he's using, then send an E-mail to the host (Arckon) with your top five picks for a leader. It's an experiment that might fail, but it's ambitious and it's worth a shot...

I have had many problems getting my Civ IV game to work. It freezes after about 2 minutes of play. Nothing has changed on my computer, so I dont know what the problem could be. It only is a problem for Civ IV. I can play Warlords fine. I tried reinstalling, changing settings and even taking apart the computer with no positive results. Unfortunately, I am going to have to withdraw from this game. Please find a replacement player for me.

I apologize for the bad timing as I was playing out a dying civ.

Taok

Taok said:
I have had many problems getting my Civ IV game to work. It freezes after about 2 minutes of play. Nothing has changed on my computer, so I dont know what the problem could be. It only is a problem for Civ IV. I can play Warlords fine. I tried reinstalling, changing settings and even taking apart the computer with no positive results. Unfortunately, I am going to have to withdraw from this game. Please find a replacement player for me.

I apologize for the bad timing as I was playing out a dying civ.

Taok

ok will do.

Others: I'm going to get richm (who briefly controlled Mali) to replace Taok if he wants in... hopefully him having controlled another civ doesn't bother anyone, I figure since Russia is screwed anyway a little extra knowledge (from having controlled Mali) is only fair.

In the mean time the AI will control Russia.

My personal suggestion is to live Russia to AI.
Russia Own 1 city and garnison of trops.
This one city whiped to the hill.

You might have heard rumors from your spies or read in the newspaper that there was a revolution in Mother Russia well it's true!!!!. The people have spoken and in the great revolution they asked me to step in and lead our nation to greatness. The warmonger that was the supposed leader before the revolution was strung up in the main square yesterday and his name will never be used in Mother Russia again an pain of death. I look forward to a peaceful coexistence with other nations.

Lenin
Up the Revolution !!!!

Today Brizza used double turn in order to scout my land knowing my useal condition of mutial non scouting.

He did it with out giving me a chance to react and waiting for 26 hours in order to be last and be able to do that.

I am not interested in debating, he clearly did it with full knolidge that he doing something on what I would like to react and he did not give me a chance. He obtained long turm advantage of knowing a lay out of my land.

So, I DEMAND BRizza to be panished or start to look for my replacement.

I am not iterested in playing game any way posible, I believe in fair and gentlment game. You want a free win? You got it.

You are in no position to demand anything, given the current lack of pitboss games on this forum. I consider this (use of the double turn while not at war) to have been a grey area previously and will send out an email clarifying my position on this issue.

If you want to quit over this, go ahead, I can easily find a more polite replacement than yourself. You're the first person to have any issue with the way I run my games (the third so far even though I refer to this as my second, since the real first game wasn't advertised on the forum). Everyone is expendable.

So, I'll give you until later tonight (it's 3.55pm where I am) to confirm/refute that you're leaving the game, if I receive no word then I'll assume the former and will start looking for a replacement (I already have someone in mind).

Who cares about playing pitboss games?

I am sorry, but if you do not want to play with best players and just want to win, go ahead.

Games are played for fun. It is not fun to play with cheaters.

I doubt you are capable to find a player with even remote level of skills like mine.
My demand stand. Brizza should lose strategic advantage he gain by taking double turn.

Idea of rules is to let people to play game comfortable. Not taking advantage of double move leveling playing field the best for people who can not log in often and stop people from loging in in last moment in order to take advantage of double turn or stop others from doing it.
It speed game along and give everyone a good chance.

If Brizza really did not had time he had option to move scout only one's in this 2 turns. All he lost in this case would be one turn scout movement, but everything would be correspendent to rules.

So, go ahead and get yourself win by replacing me, if you feel that my DEMAND is unfair. You will lose oportunity to play agains best, I only recover my time wasted on playing with loosers.

ok then, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

For those wondering about the free slot, I've already started making preparations for a replacement, I have to wait to hear back from a few emails/PMs before I consider opening it up to anyone on the forum. For the time being the AI will run germany.

By the way, because it's kinda dodgy to do it, no one is allowed to make deals with the AI until it's been replaced by a human, I've just now sent out an email about this. This shouldn't take long, I'll probably have it replaced before this turn ends, if not then shortly afterwards.

Honest mistake on my part. I had been made aware of Mutineer's open borders-no scouting agreement. But over the weeks I had forgotten it, and for that I apologise. (The AI have my civ for a while and some weird stuff had happened. I though maybe the AI had obtained open borders from Mutineer and was surprised to see I was allowed into Mutineer's lands)

If you want compensation for that error on my part (financial or units), I am willing to pay my penance. (I don't feel the advantage gained has been signfiicant, and I've been allowing everyone else to scout my land.)

However, doubling turning was legit, as I'm not in a war or near a war with anyone. I try and avoid double turning, but in the interest in maintaining game speed, I do do it. (I only have a small window in the evening to play).

I've played games with oob before and he can vouch for my honesty in game playing.

Top Bottom