Riot Police May 10, 2006

Wyrmshadow

Deity
Long live the Police State! (or something to that extent....)

not bad... not bad at all. :goodjob:

Good looking unit and you seem to be doing just fine with humanoids. :)

I'm not familiar with police gear, do they really use batons like that or have you been forced to make do with what models you've found? It bears an uncanny resemblance to a medieval mace...

Drift said:
Good looking unit and you seem to be doing just fine with humanoids. :)

I'm not familiar with police gear, do they really use batons like that or have you been forced to make do with what models you've found? It bears an uncanny resemblance to a medieval mace...
Actually it came from a model pack entitled "Big Brother". That's where I got the helmet/visor and the shield from as well. There was a shotgun, revolver and MP5 and AR-15 with it as well..so you can guess at the nastiness of the idea.

Ares my idea.. low defense, no attack maybe? Cheap so you can have a lot of them to act as martial law units while real combat troops are out in the field instead of puting down civil disorder.

Cool idea. Nicely implemented.
I think I'll have this one be the eventual upgrade path of a "warrior"... have to track down some medieval & industrial era dudes to go along with this.
That way I can have the warrior upgrade without give it too powerful a upgrade path... As you suggested a slightly cheaper unit designed to suppress unarmed civies not wage war.

This is cooler then the other Riot Police because this has a happy face. :)
Great job :goodjob:

:goodjob: Excellent work Wyrm, love the intimidating shield tapping.Now we just need some one to make sounds to go with this unit...

Wyrmshadow said:
Ares my idea.. low defense, no attack maybe? Cheap so you can have a lot of them to act as martial law units while real combat troops are out in the field instead of putting down civil disorder.

I don't think the AI will be able to handle the unit that way.This unit is probably best suited for custom scenario duty BFNY,EFZI2-3,ETC. Rather than the epic game.....

Nice unit!

Iron Beagle said:
Wow, now we have two riot police units! Those sandal-wearing hippies don't stand a chance.

Damn, someone needs to make a sandal-wearing hippy unit. Or would the Jaimo do...?

I have an idea but I don't know if it works.

What if you flag them as immobile and tactical missile, and make the police car or the SWAT van carry them? In that way, they can be carried to revolting cities and would be destroyed if an enemy enters a city (they're only for internal security anyways).

Would that work?

I hope that works, and I hope I remember to do that (if it works) by the time I put these dudes in my mod!

Wow, this must have been hell to animate, Wyrmshadow! It looks awesome. (BTW, is anyone interested in making a hippie and and a hippie on a giant moving flower shooting magic killer flowers out of a slingshot, ala the Simpsons? ;)).

Top Bottom