Game Difficulty Level

What difficulty?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RegentMan

Deity
Rik Meleet said:
The Difficulty level of the game controls the tech speed. I've heard people make a case for not going Noble and lower because of the too quick tech rate. I've heard people make a case for not going higher than Emperor because it will be virtually impossible to have 3 or more cities by 1 AD due to maintenance cost.

To me it seems than that the levels that are suitable are Prince or Monarch.

so: Which ?

The poll is open for 72 hours.

Prince i guess, the main competition will come from other teams so not having to worry such an immense amount about tech speed etc would be helpfull

i vote other
my choice is noble casue then nonoen gets advantages

Nobel is generally accepted as multi-player standard I thought...

Two reasons. One, I do not understand the differences in difficulty enough to make a decision. Two, just a small poke at the humorous absurdity of making an "abstain" slot when all one has to do is not vote =P

Although this does raise a critical flaw: shouldn't polls (votes) be private affairs invisible to everyone?

croxis said:
Two reasons. One, I do not understand the differences in difficulty enough to make a decision. Two, just a small poke at the humorous absurdity of making an "abstain" slot when all one has to do is not vote =P

Although this does raise a critical flaw: shouldn't polls (votes) be private affairs invisible to everyone?

i think they should however they had a big whinge in the demogame a couple of terms back so now they make nearly everything public.

I don't really care, as long as everyone is even, it shouldn't matter.

croxis said:
Oi vey. I am not cool with open polls.

Why? Noone is counting the number of abstain votes. ;)

Noble...at higher difficulty levels..some civs get adn advantage that might be a bit unbalancing.

A 5-5 tie.

Voted For Other
classical_hero - Posted Noble
Karl Townsend - Posted Noble
RegentMan - Posted Noble
robboo - Posted Noble
Robi D
ybbor - Posted Noble

Robi D, please post what difficulty you meant when you voted for the "Other" option.

Sorry Regentman i though i had, my vote was for noble

oh well when i voted for this like 2 months ago nearly! i was playing at a lower level but im sure everyone will have improved now.

Top Bottom