[ModComp] JUnitReligion Mod

Jeckel

Great Reverend
JUnitReligion Mod is based on Bhruic's old SettlerReligion mod and uses Dr Elmer Jiggle's CustomEventManager and Stone-D's SD-Toolkit.

This mod has two main funtions. The first functions almost identically to Bhruic's SettlerReligion mod(ie settlers get a religion from the city that builds them and that religion is given to the city when the settler builds it), but with several differences.

1) There is a base chance whether or not the Settler gets a religion from the city.

2) If the city has the State Religion AND is under Theocracy there is a percent chance the Settler will get the State Religion.

3) If the city has the State Religion but is NOT under Theocracy there is a percent chance the unit will receive the State Religion.

4) The three above percent chances are configurable through a Config.ini file.

In addition to Settlers getting a religion from the city that builds them, I have expanded this to all units, not just the Settler.

The other primary function of this mod is to allow units to spread their personal religion to cities they fortify in. Through the config.ini file you can turn unit religion spreading on/off as well as define the number of turns a unit must be fortified before their religion can spread.

Note: As of v0.45 the default is set for Sea and Air Domain units to not get religion. This can be changed in the ini file and Land Domain is controlable also.

Note: Warlords Compatability with JUnitReligion v0.5 and later!!
To play this mod in warlords, install the mod like normal. Then go into the JUnitReligion's Python directory and open the CvModName.py file in a text editor. Just change expansionWarlords = False to expansionWarlords = True and the mod will work in Warlords.

For detailed steps to making it work for Warlords see the spoiler below.
Spoiler :
New Version 0.5 Released. Now with Warlords compatibilty.

The new version comes set up for regular Civ4 v1.61. If you wish to play it in Warlords follow the steps below.

1) Download the mod.

2) Unzip the mod to your Civilization 4/Warlords/Mods directory as normal.

3) Open the Civilization 4/Warlords/Mods/JUnitReligion/Assets/Python directory.

4) In that directory open the CvModName.py file in Notepad or any text editor.

5) Change the line
Code:
expansionWarlords = False
to
Code:
expansionWarlords = True

6) Save the file, load the mod, and play as normal. :)

File: JUnitReligion_v0.48.zip
Compatible: Civ4 v1.61
Mod Folder: Mods\JUnitReligion
Released: July 15, 2006
Size: 20.33

CivFanatics: JUnitReligion Mod v0.48 File Now Available

FileFront: JUnitReligion Mod v0.48 File Now Available

File: JUnitReligion_v0.5.zip
Compatible: Civ4 v1.61 and Warlords
Mod Folder: Mods\JUnitReligion
Released: August 1, 2006
Size: 20.73

CivFanatics: JUnitReligion Mod v0.5 Beta File Released *Updated August 8, 2006*

FileFront: JUnitReligion Mod v0.5 Beta File Released *Updated August 8, 2006*

This sounds great. However if I have Hindusim, Zoroastrism and Chritianity in my City. Is there a difference between how many percentage of the city follows which religion etc? Or is that not yet doable in Civ?

Thanks
Houman

That is doable, but I don't have it in this mod yet, but sounds like a good suggestion. Let me clarify to be sure I understand what you are saying. :)

Athens has population 10 and the religions Hindusim, Zoroastrism and Chritianity. 6 pops are Zoroastrian, 2 pops are Hindu, and 2 pos are Christys.
So when a Settlar is built it will have a 60% chance to be Zoro, 20% to be Hindu, and 20% of being Christian.

Is this what you are suggesting?

Jeckel said:
That is doable, but I don't have it in this mod yet, but sounds like a good suggestion. Let me clarify to be sure I understand what you are saying. :)

Athens has population 10 and the religions Hindusim, Zoroastrism and Chritianity. 6 pops are Zoroastrian, 2 pops are Hindu, and 2 pos are Christys.
So when a Settlar is built it will have a 60% chance to be Zoro, 20% to be Hindu, and 20% of being Christian.

Sorry for late resonse, this is exactly what i was suggesting. :D

Well, I got some free time last night and got the next version of this mod about half done. I am going to try and finish today or tomorrow and should have it uploaded and post by this weekend. :D

maybe if there was 6 Christian, 2 Hindu, and 2 Taoist, there is a chance that your city will randomly spawn a settler to escape persecution.

i dont know bout that idea though because sometimes you may not have anywhere to expand, but you could just move them to a city that would accept them.

ohwell

@Mr. Dictator
I like the idea of spawning a unit from the minority religion part of society, but how about, instead of settlar, a missionary is spawned and sets out to find a new home.

WooHOoo!! I finnaly released a new version that has religion spreading from units other then just the settler. I have been putting in a few minutes here, couple minutes there on this mod for the past week so the code is a little messyer then I would like, but it should all work. If anyone comes across any problems just let me know. :)

File linked in first post and I left the origonal version up until I am satified that this version is glitchless.

Jeckel said:
@Mr. Dictator
I like the idea of spawning a unit from the minority religion part of society, but how about, instead of settlar, a missionary is spawned and sets out to find a new home.

yeah, that sounds good, is there any way to make missionaries say, build a mission? dont know exactly what it could do but eventually become a city......not really sure about that idea though

Jeckel said:

Were you able to make this idea work in the 0.41 version?

Cheers
Houman

I don't know about the whole creating more cities thing, but I was thinking and how about this.

If a minority religion in a city, lets say the 2 Hindus from the above example, feel persequted they can flee the city and find some other city to move to. The first city would then lose 2 population(and its hindu religion) and a few turns later some close city would gain 2 population(and hindu religion if it doesn't already have it).

I am working on an udated version of Snaif's First Contact mod atm, but I will start planning out how to add Detailed City Religions and Religious Refugges to this mod. :)

@Houman
Sorry I missed your last post until just now. And no, I haven't put that option in yet, I working on it when I get free time, but will probly be a week or two before I release the next version containing those features. :)

As long as you are thinking about counting the quantity of religions what about doing something about the effects of buildings. If you only have one hindu, for example, how could hindu buildings create more than 1 happiness? How are cathedrals making all these, say, moslems happy?

@Tholish
Good point, thanx for bringing that to my attention, I will add that to the feature feature list and will try to put it in the upcoming version. :)

Sometimes python raises the message, that unit with "none" isn't defined or something like that. What's this?

Hi, it's me again, here is the error message I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 184, in handleEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 195, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "CvJUnitReligionEventManager", line 55, in onBeginPlayerTurn

File "CvJUnitReligionGameUtils", line 283, in onBeginPlayerTurn

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getNumUnits'
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface
An that's my question:
How do I get rid of the problem?

Sorry I didn't see your first post about this Caesium, I've been swamped these past few weeks. I will look into that this weekend, I have an idea of what is causeing it and shouldn't have much problem telling ya how to fix it. I'll post up an answer later today or tomorrow, when I get the time. :)

Top Bottom