[Citizens Assembly] Should we build the Great Library?

Should we build the Great Library?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sigma

Censor
This is an OFFICIAL poll of the Citizens Assembly. It should be treated as a referendum, and will be open for 3 days from the time of this posting.

Poll Question: Should we build the Great Library?

Poll Answers:
  • Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

If the citizenry decides to build this wonder, a poll for where and another for when it should be built will be posted after this one is closed.

Side note: Sorry to drag this on with a 4th (!!) poll, but the first two polls were declared informational by their posters, and the 3rd ended in a tie. Let's decide this once and for all so we can move on.

This poll has closed and the results are validated.

Sigma said:
This is an OFFICIAL poll of the Citizens Assembly. It should be treated as a referendum, and will be open for 3 days from the time of this posting.

A referendum and a citizen's assembly vote are two different things.

donsig said:

May I ask where in the Constitution or Code of Laws does it say this?

Sigma said:
May I ask where in the Constitution or Code of Laws does it say this?

Sure, referendums (and initiatives) are covered in article C of the Constitution. Section 1.A.IV of the CoL deals with Citizen Assemby Floor Votes.

donsig said:
Sure, referendums (and initiatives) are covered in article C of the Constitution. Section 1.A.IV of the CoL deals with Citizen Assemby Floor Votes.

Yes, they are covered in different sections, but nowhere does it say that they are separate things.
What would happen if we were to pass a citizens assembly vote, and then someone came along and got an initiative passed that contradicted the citizens assembly vote? Which would take precedence? What if the second poll was only a referendum? What if the referendum or initiative was passed first, and the citizens assembly vote second? Do you see where I'm going with this?

Article C of the Constitution contains the clause:
"The Power of the People can be delegated to officials of the game in one or more of the following ways, or in other ways which may subsequently be discovered."
I'm assuming that you're lumping a Citizens Assembly vote in with the boldfaced section from the above line. However, until the Code of Laws is amended to specifically state this fact, and specify where a Citizens Assembly vote falls in the decision heirarchy, then it is my interpretation that a Citizens Assembly decision falls in one of the five current decision types: Initiative, Referendum, Opinion Poll, Constituency, or Mandate, and is specified ahead of time, just like any other decision.

Sigma said:
This poll has closed and the results are validated.
I object, your validated sign is FAR TOO SMALL!

donsig said:

True, a citizen's assembly vote is an initiative which happens to be posted by the Censor, as a citizen.

Top Bottom