Circle of Doom v2.0

Doom666

Warlord
Ok so i started making lots of maps around this time last year, but i lost almost all of them when i forgot to save them on a disc when my PC was reformatted, it took me a few months to start making them again, but here's the first of a hopefully long line of maps i'll make.

Circle of Doom v.2.0 By Doom 21.5.2006

This map puts you in a ring shaped continent with either 8, 16, 24 or 31 other civs.
The starting continent has no other resources than 3 squares of Wheat per starting location. There is a wall of Snowy mountains between your starting continent and the inner island which is full of resources, every type of them, usually 4 of each. Also you need to be able to travel ocean until you can get there.

The other versions of the map include one that fills the starting continent with THOUSANDS OF BARBARIANS!! So beware when you try these maps!

Here's some details:

Basic map, (customisable) No starting locations or wheat resources in ring continent.

Normal 8, 16, 24 or 31 player maps, no barbarians, each civ start in a place that has 3 squares of wheat on the neighboring squares, they also have 3 goodyhuts.

With barbarians, same as in the normal version except that there are hundreds of barbarian camps encircling the players and isolating them, also the wheat squares have no goodyhuts on them.

WARNING! The barbarian maps may slow or even crash your computer, and i take no responsibility about lost information or data, you play it at your own risk.

My computer:

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.7GHz
512MB RAM
RADEON 9800 SE AGP (0x4148)
NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio

My PC is about 2 years newer than Civ 3 and it still slows down considerably when there are lots of barbarians. (This means load times between turns.)

Here's a few screenshots of the map(s)

Barbarians:

Central island:

Snow mountain walls:

Central sea:

And finally, the map pack itself. This pack includes 9 maps, the 8,16,24 and 31 player maps for both normal and barbarian invasion modes + a customizable basemap with no wheats or start locations. :goodjob:

Circle of Doom map pack for Civ 3

If this link gets old, or does not work, you can ask me to send it via MSN or GAIM or just email me at esko_saukkonen@hotmail.com Also you can add me on MSN or GAIM i may sometimes need help for testing new maps.

(Please send emails to belisariusofsirius@gmail.com because all messages i'm not expecting in hotmail get deleted because of the spam and junkmail i keep getting.)

This isn't a scenerio is it? This deserves to be in the Created Maps section, and plus, there really is no possible way to win because your town would keep getting sacked and would never grow/

Nope, it is possible to win, the Barbs never attack right away, atleast not me, so i always have a little time to build some Warriors or whatever, and hold them back long enough to get stronger attack units..

It's tricky, but doable.

Sry about the wrong forum.. To me Scenario and map are the same thing, but then again, i'm not English or American. :lol:

Doom666 said:
Sry about the wrong forum.. To me Scenario and map are the same thing, but then again, i'm not English or American. :lol:
I'm Canadian and I know what I am doing. Also, lots of users from other parts of the world know what there doing, so I don't understand what being English or "American" has to do with it.

Top Bottom