Shwezigon Pagoda

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
Finally completed it. :D I had to minimize the detail since you can't really see all that much at civ-level and there is of course that annoying pallete limit. :crazyeye: I think it turned out fine nonetheless. :)

EDIT: City screen icons added.

Attachments

• Shwezigon Pagoda.zip
    49.8 KB · Views: 281
  • swhezigoncityicons.zip
    176.5 KB · Views: 248
Some previews. First is an in-game civlopedia pic, the other is the wonder splash.

If you're wondering what "Shwezigon" is, it's a large stepped pyramid-shaped Buddhist monument at Bagan (also spelled "Pagan"; but if you Google "Pagan", you'll end up with lots of wierd stuff ;) ), an ancient city of Burma. :)

This thing I put together doesn't look exactly like the real Shwezigon, but I tried to get it as close as possible.

I know I said I'd include the Civ grass version, but I just got kind of lazy. :p

Attachments

• shwezigonsplash.jpg
    shwezigonsplash.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 671
Goldflash said:
Did you make this in Sketchup? Its wonderfull.

Bryce. Bryce is fairly straightforward to use, but it does have its limitations.

Can you also post a pic with the ingame wonder screen showing it? (i want to see how many of the colours survive there; if i judge by my own experience it will not be as in the preview)

Very good work ;)

excellent work ogedei. Another fine building/wonder. I don't think you need the standard civ grass, this kind of gives a nice change to the look of it.

I love it! I actually needed this building very much. Are you going to make more mainland south-east-asia buildings? Because I need some:mischief:

Yoda Power said:
I love it! I actually needed this building very much. Are you going to make more mainland south-east-asia buildings? Because I need some:mischief:

Actually, I got so into making Shwezigon that I'm now focusing more on SE Asian architecture. ;)

What monuments/temples/buildings do you have in mind? :)

Well I really need wonders. There is already a pretty good Angkor Wat made, so that isn't needed. Actually I haven't really researched this very much, since I was sure not to find any of the wonders anyway;). I'll take a look at wikipedia and see if I can find some good ones:)

I think I'll make something Thai next since there's a real lack of Thai wonder/building graphics.

That "chedi" of Wat Chedi Liem looks interesting. :)

Cool:D. I hoped you would choose that one (and the Hue citadel, it would be nice to have something not specifically a religious building)!

Yoda Power said:
Any updates? :)

I have the basic shapes down. I need to put them together. ;) I've just been sidetracked by "real life" lately, but I might get it done as early as this Sunday. :)

Hm, it seems I missed this until now. Looking good. :thumbsup: I'll probably see about making a civ grass version, sometime when I'm not as drunk as now. :beer:

Top Bottom