FfH Editor: Q&A

Kael

Deity
This thread has been created to allow players to answer any questions they have about the editor.

The editor is the '..\Fall from Heaven 2 015\FfH Editor.xls' excel spreadsheet that comes with the mod (actual version number may vary depending on what version of the mod you have). It currently allows editing of any of the following:

Global Defines (with several FfH custom tunables)
Bonus
Buildings
Civics
Civilizations
Diplomacy
Handicap settings
Leaders
Promotions
Spells
Techs
Text
Units

The values on any of these can be changed and each sheet has an export button in the upper left hand corner that saves those changes in the mod.

The editor was primarily developed to allow me to quickly add/remove and change elements in the mod. Trying to do all that in XML would have significantly slowed down the process and invited a lot of errors when I mistyped stuff. But it is just as handy for players looking to tweak the game to their personal preferences.

Hi Kael,

I just want to know if it's possible to play "Basium".
If yes, what must i change ?

The (happy) Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Hi Kael,

I just want to know if it's possible to play "Basium".
If yes, what must i change ?

The (happy) Frog.

Change the 0 to a 1 in the bPlayable field under the Mercurians.

Attachments

• editor.JPG
    editor.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 337
Well I tried loading it up in OpenOffice.org. It displays fine but the macros don't work there. Looks like I need to get MS Office from someone... What version of Excel did you create it with?

Maian said:
Well I tried loading it up in OpenOffice.org. It displays fine but the macros don't work there. Looks like I need to get MS Office from someone... What version of Excel did you create it with?

Yeah the scripts are all VBS. I would love if anyone could get the editor to work with freeware, I hate that you guys need commercial software to use this.

I used Excel 2002 to make the editor.

Kael said:
Change the 0 to a 1 in the bPlayable field under the Mercurians.

Kael,

That's what i done and it doesn't work:confused: . I can't choose "Basium" as playable civ. :cry:
Have you got an idea of the problem ?

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Kael,

That's what i done and it doesn't work:confused: . I can't choose "Basium" as playable civ. :cry:
Have you got an idea of the problem ?

The Frog.

Nope thats it, I just did it on my copy to be sure. You have to:

1. Change the 0 to a 1 in the Mercurians colums for bPlayable.
2. Click the export button to save your changes.
3. Load the mod and select Basium from the custom game screen.

Kael,

Yeah ! It works well.
It's time to test Basium and the Mercurians. A fun and challenging civ. Loosing Basium is a so great handicap.
Do you want this civ to be tested ? Is there any future development for Mercurians ?

Thx for the quick answer.

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Kael,

Yeah ! It works well.
It's time to test Basium and the Mercurians. A fun and challenging civ. Loosing Basium is a so great handicap.
Do you want this civ to be tested ? Is there any future development for Mercurians ?

Thx for the quick answer.

The Frog.

There wont be any devleopment on them in this phase, so no, we don't need any test feedback on them (though you are more than happy to play them if you like).

Ok Kael. Here is what I've done. I copied the entry to Maros to the open field next to Yvain and modified them to be Thorgrim. I then modified his promotions and such to my liking. I then modified his Unit text to be TXT_UNIT_THORGRIM 1 High King Thorgrim. Exported both units and txt. when I start the game it says Unit Thorgrim is invalid or such when loading. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?? His Requirments are Tech: Monarchy and Building: Khazad Palace. Here is the Editor file saved if you can see wha the problem is and have time to look. Appreciate the help. Hoping to be able to get more into the feel for basic modding this way and maybe learn some graphics after. May even use some of this to teach at the High School I work at in computers.

Attachments

• FfH Editor.zip
    494.5 KB · Views: 337
Morbius Wraith said:
Ok Kael. Here is what I've done. I copied the entry to Maros to the open field next to Yvain and modified them to be Thorgrim. I then modified his promotions and such to my liking. I then modified his Unit text to be TXT_UNIT_THORGRIM 1 High King Thorgrim. Exported both units and txt. when I start the game it says Unit Thorgrim is invalid or such when loading. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?? His Requirments are Tech: Monarchy and Building: Khazad Palace. Here is the Editor file saved if you can see wha the problem is and have time to look. Appreciate the help. Hoping to be able to get more into the feel for basic modding this way and maybe learn some graphics after. May even use some of this to teach at the High School I work at in computers.

You did everything correctly in the editor, it looks good. Unfortunatly you also have to add UNITCLASS_THORGRIM into the Assets/xml/units/CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml file.

ok. I have now figured out how to add in units. Have added a Dwarven Runelord which is a paladin special unit Khazad only and High King Thorgrimm Khazad hero (am concidering having him as a replacement for Maros if that is at all possible to upgrade heroes?) Now 1 weird thing too.. I created the dwarven Runelord and all works...however when the game boots and I go to the civopedia it shows no enties.. if I go to a building entry which does show and click on the unit the building allows to produce the unit then shows correctly and I am able to see the other units. Am I doing something wrong that could cause this? Game is working during play so far ...although I have not built any Dwarven Runelords yet. Another question is now buildings. If I create a new building off the blueprint of another will it cause errors? Was thinking of making special dwarven only walls and such. You probably are creating much cooler stuff for khazad anyways, but it is good training.

Thanks!!

Morbius Wraith said:
ok. I have now figured out how to add in units. Have added a Dwarven Runelord which is a paladin special unit Khazad only and High King Thorgrimm Khazad hero (am concidering having him as a replacement for Maros if that is at all possible to upgrade heroes?) Now 1 weird thing too.. I created the dwarven Runelord and all works...however when the game boots and I go to the civopedia it shows no enties.. if I go to a building entry which does show and click on the unit the building allows to produce the unit then shows correctly and I am able to see the other units. Am I doing something wrong that could cause this? Game is working during play so far ...although I have not built any Dwarven Runelords yet. Another question is now buildings. If I create a new building off the blueprint of another will it cause errors? Was thinking of making special dwarven only walls and such. You probably are creating much cooler stuff for khazad anyways, but it is good training.

Thanks!!

I have noticed that recently too (loading the pedia and it not showing any heroes or units). I dont know the cause yet but if you exit and reload they should be back. I dont think its anything you have done.

Buildings follow a similiar process. If you want to add a new buildingclass you have to adjust the CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml file just as you did for the unit class file. But outside of that you should be good.

I have added another civilisation based on the Grigori. Then added a leader for them.

Some issues I have:
- the leader value for that civ is take out from a drop down list, this list is set constant, I do not know how to change it, how to add my leader [I changed the xml file manually and it works, I am only asking about how to add something to excels list, I am not able to change it in any way{excel 2003}]
- the text sheet does not export my changes, does it have to be in some order? I copied and pasted rows at the end of the string 'classes', then edited them for my test civilisation and leader, I have looked up the code for the macro but all seems ok, had no time to add some strings manually and to see if it will work, for now the game shows only TXT_... for my civ name, etc.
EDIT: OK, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, do not know why. I managed to export all the texts I wanted for now :) Now I will have to figure out how you put graphiks into the game and then buttons for the welcome screan when the game is loaded.

I use the Excel file and the rest that is in 0.20 as my playground.

When I click the export button, does it export values for the entire sheet (all tabs) or just the current tab?

Top Bottom