HqNes2 - Fair, New World

UPDATE 3 – 540 AF

As the various nations start to gather strength it is unavoidable that they would come into conflict with the other tribes and nations living in the area. Already the Tiestan Empire has expanded at the expense of others and now it was time for The Tribunal to do the same. Having fought several border skirmishes with the Tribe of the Claw the High Lord Vivec decided to end their threat once and for all. Mustering his army he sends out a large contingent to deal with the threat. After some minor clashes at the border the Tribunal army routed the barbarians who fled. Eager to put an end to the threat once and for all the eager commander of the army initiates a pursuit of the barbarians, constantly harassing them as they keep falling back. Then disaster struck. Confident in their abilities the Tribunal army makes camp without posting many sentries. Having gathered many warriors for a do-or-die attack the barbarians fall upon the unsuspecting army. Many are slain in the initial stage of the battle, but as time goes on the already fatigued barbarians become exhausted and the battle turns. As the morning sun rose the Tribunal army was victorious, but had lost many of their number forcing them to halt the attack. Settling in to await further orders the commander hass ordered his troops to construct a fort to protect them from further attacks.
(Tribunal: -175 warriors)

Upriver from the Tribunal the nation of Syldavia continues its expansion, both of territory and army. Crossing the river that formed their northern border they push northwest along both banks of it driving all before them. Whilst they make pretty good progress their empire has suffered in other ways as it is becoming harder to defend. There are enough troops, but without a natural border they have become more vulnerable at the same time. Time alone will show if they have overreached themselves or if they know what they are doing.
(Syldavia: -40 warriors)

In Imperia the administration gets annoyed with their ruler as he gives them several instructions only to counter them later and say that he had decided he rather have something else done. After complaining about it for a bit several administrators find themselves a head shorter. That quelled all dissent. Eventually the Imperials decide that they need to expand their army to better defend themselves. Wondering what troops would be the best for this they finally recruit some more warriors and some archers to protect them from a distance. Eager to see what his new shiny troops (well, shiny and shiny…) can do and order them to expand his realm a bit.

Let’s move to an area with less water and go visit the emerging Tiestan Empire. So far the nation has done well under strong leadership. They continue their emergence as their Emperor sends out a flurry of commands of things he want done. First he establishes an outpost by the name of Aviva in the mountains at the copper deposits to better mine them and protect his newfound wealth. Using his precious copper he then gets a lot of it made into weapons and primitive armour. Requesting spears his metalworkers look at each other not really grasping what he means. After must gesturing he finally manages to make them understand that he wants long sticks with a metal point on the end like an oversized arrow.
Wondering what they can do they are immediately put under the command of his oldest son, Prince Marakef, and sent on an expedition to the east for the glory of the empire. Not satisfied he then also sends some troops west to expand his realm in that direction. Neither force encounters much resistance as word of the crushing of the mountain clans seem to have spread. They do pick up other rumours though which might not bode well for the future.

Returning to the wetlands the Lord of Rajo has recovered from his poisoning. Eager to make up for the lost time a large continent of troops are sent south to consolidate the Rajon claim to the region. With the area being sparsely populated they make excellent progress eventually reaching to border of Mearlekrol. To protect this land an outpost is built close to the border and construction starts of a navy to ensure fast communication. The amount of troops marching back and forth also, somehow, manages to slightly increase the quality of the roads as the ground is stamped hard.

Higoria also awakes from the poisoning that gripped the land and tries to make up for the lost with a massive build up of warriors. The newly trained troops are then ordered out in the wilderness to lay claim to more land for the nation. Having already advanced a bit up the banks of both rivers it is relatively easy for them to seize the land inbetween whilst at the same time also managing to expand further north.

We can’t neglect a visit to Ironal either. Flushed with success, but with few forces left, they decide to consolidate their position. Several explorers are sent along the river to see what they can find. For miles and miles all they meet are barbarians which are sometimes hostile. Eventually though, they meet a trader coming from a nation he calls The Tribunal.
Wary of more losses in the mountains the Ironals try to do things a bit more diplomatically. Traders, priests and even the Lord’s advisors are sent into the lands of the surrounding tribes spreading the word of the glory of Ironal. They also seek to increase relations by opening up primitive trade with them and spreading the word of their Gods. Some tribes view this with massive distrust, but a few open up to their neighbours. The best luck they have to the south where the slightly insane leader of the Tribe of the Blue Fungus actually pledges to recognize the Ironals as his rightful lord, peacefully expanding the lands of the Ironal.

In Calador the Patriarch looked and saw that things were good. Looking toward the future he decided that it was time to start consolidating and building up his nation a bit. Perhaps influenced by the increasingly advanced tribes that surrounded him. He did feel the need to have more secure borders though, so the army sent all that could be spared east to seize that land there. In the north the skirmishes died down a bit, but the barbarians are still very much hostile.

In Almega things are quiet as the Patriarch sleeps dreaming dreams of glory. Disenchanted with this the people turn toward his advisors for aid, but they fail to agree on much of a course. Eventually it is decided to recruit some more troops and send them to their Dashtakan outpost.
(Almega: - confidence)

Their neighbours in Dashtaka on the other hands are more decisive. Sending traders into the tribes in the north they manage to make quite a few friends due to the fact that they deal fairly with them. This has a double positive effect. Deciding to expand a bit more the King sends his troops against a neighbouring tribe and is then aided by other tribes eager to remain on the good side of the Dashtakans. This gives Dashtake a bit more land and, more importantly, some good friends.
(Dashtaka: -30 warriors)

The civilized tribes are well on their way to becoming true nations now. All of them has expanded well in the last century, some peacefully, some through war. This has led to them gaining new lands and the added security in the central regions has led to a population boom. With a lot of new land available, many have sought their fortune by moving to regions where the land is fertile and it is possible to live a good life.
(All nations: +1 city)

Also, the pressure the new states are causing have forced many barbarians to band together in order to counter this growing threat. Other tribes have seen the light in this and have started forming their own states by settling down. Whatever the cause many new cities and fledgling states have started appearing. Some of them are still rather primitive, but others are now full nations.
(+ many NPC nations)

Notes from the mod.
Outposts cost 1 EP to establish. New towns cost 3 EP to establish. Outposts may eventually grow into towns. They can’t, however, gain any of the specials statuses afforded towns.

Next Deadline:
Monday, July 10th at 18,00 CET

Post-update 3 map

Attachments

• Update3.PNG
    Update3.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 104
Harleqin: I won't be here for the next update. I leave Sunday. Just NPC me along the following guidlines:

-Continue the Project
-Grow our Economy
-Construct Cities and Forts

I will be gone for three weeks after this Sunday... and I will come back fit and a better drummer and full of military sausage! :salute:

Harlquein do you have AIM?

To all our civilised neighbours to whom we now have contact
From the Greater Empire of Tiesto.

We come before you as brothers and although our culture may be diffrent and our wealth greater than yours we ask only this: Will you accept a Non-Aggression Pact and trade.

Emperor Heung Welly of Tiesto.

From the Kingdom of Rajo
To the New nations surrounding Rajo

Greetings friends, as new nations it is the Lords duty to warn you of the dangers that face you, many nations will not see your presence as a welcome one. We suggest that you join with the Kingdom of Rajo, of course your nations will receive all rights and beniefts of every other Rajo citizen and you shall have your representation in our government by your current leaders (like a republic).

ooc im gonna change the type of government i have, to a Republic

To: Empire of Tiesto
From Taran Federation (and Sorania)

We accept your offer of no aggression. May peace rule our lands.

To: Kingdom of Rajo

We think we can take care of ourselves.

To: Kingdom of Rajo
(nation south of Rajo... forgot name on map)
We are intrigued. Why should we surrender to you. What can you offer us that should make us wish to do so?

The Farow said:
I sent orders right?

Nope, at least I haven't gotten them ;)

I have three sets of orders + the nations which are NPC. I'm very tempted to wait for people to send in more orders also due to the fact that my next weekend will be very hectic (wedding) so I'm not quite sure yet when to put the next deadline.

I am sorry about that. i could've sworn I sent orders. I just sent them or re-sent them whatever the case may be.

Top Bottom