Insta-Crash

jamesskelly

Chieftain
Evening all, I've had the game for a couple of days, and was enjoying it...till i started getting this bug: at a seemingly random point (nothing happening in particular) the game crashes, quickly and quietly, back to the desktop :confused: . It seems to happen at a certain number of turns: not sure how many, but it happens at 325AD for normal-speed games, and around 1200-1250AD for quick games.

The game's patched to 1.61, but I'm pretty sure it was happening before I patched...any ideas? :confused:

EDIT: The game instantly crashes (before even loading the file) if you choose to load the autosave from the year in which the game crashes...if you load a save from before the year where the game crashes, you can play up until the Crash Year : P, but then the same crash happens. Cheers : ).

RE-EDIT: On two separate systems : P. Close to the minimum specs, but the higher one handled High Graphics without any trouble.

Looking in the 'Event Viewer' might give some clues. But I would say it's a memory problem too, defragging your HD can work wonders too.

I am having the EXACT same problem, It crashes at 325 AD, no error logs, no popups, Just crashes directly to desktop as if it was never even there.

my specs are

Amd athlon 64 +3000
1 gig ram
160 gig harddrive
ATI diamond radeon 9250 128 meg

Hmmm. What happens at 325 AD? The only thing I can think of is the "most powerful" popup. Does anybody happen to know (or be able to easily work out) what turn number that is in a normal game?

The Great Apple said:
Hmmm. What happens at 325 AD? The only thing I can think of is the "most powerful" popup. Does anybody happen to know (or be able to easily work out) what turn number that is in a normal game?

It happens every 50 turns. What year 50 turns is would be dependent on what game speed you're using.

Unless my math is right, and note that it always seems to be, you start a 4000 BC (-4000):

-4000 + (40 years * 50 turns) = 2000 BC (First "Top Civs" screen)
-2000 + (40 years * 25 turns) + (25 years * 25 turns) = 375 AD (Second "Top Civs" screen)

For quick:

-4000 + (60 years * 50 turns) = 1000 BC (First "Top Civ" Screen)
-1000 + (35 years * 30 turns) + (30 years * 20 turns) = 650 AD (Second "Top Civ" Screen)
650 + (30 years * 10 turns) + (15 years * 25 turns) + (10 years * 15 turns) = 1475 AD (Third "Top Civ" Screen)

I have the same problem too. On Epic speed it's 2080 BC :p

Please help me!!!

Isn't there a new patch 1.62 maybe that would fix the problem, but then again I am not sure.

you either have to upgrade or degrade thats the only thing I've found that works.

Same problem here, just instaled civ4 and it seems it crashes on around 1300BC every game I play?

Any suggestions found?

Got the expansion yesterday...

The game keeps crashing randomly around when I've got few units and a settler out. It just throws me back to desktop and gives no error message. Once it halted my system and forced me to cut power. Hope someone can come up with a solution to this problem... :(

Top Bottom