Ruins Mod - a simple one!

Optimizer

Sthlm, SWE
This mod makes ruins appear when improvements are pillaged. It adds a lot to the atmosphere of a long-lasting war.

Attachments

• Ruins161.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 382
Yes, the improvement appering _is_ a City Ruin.

I have also experimented with giving the City Ruin a defense bonus, since they can be used as barricades.

That sounds interesting as it would actualy give Ruins a purpose, they currently do jack. Note I dont think ruins should apear for pillaging roads as thats just silly.

If this was restricted to town-type improvements, it would bemore realistic. Farms producing ruins, for example, is a bit silly. The idea about the defence bonus is a really good one: it really adds something to the game.

It would be interesting if you could make Ruins into a feature that workers have to "chop" before you can rebuild.

But what a great, simple mod this is!

Impaler[WrG] said:
That sounds interesting as it would actualy give Ruins a purpose, they currently do jack...

Is this true? I just noticed looking at the TerrainImprovmentsInfos.XML that city ruins have:

Code:
<iAirBombDefense>-1</iAirBombDefense>

Does this mean they provide some protection from airstrikes? I'm not sure, as in all my civs, can you believe, I've never been attacked by enemy fighters. I wouldn't know if this works or not.

I do agree that they need to do a bit more than they do now, if they do anything at all.

Giving ruins a slight defense bonus (10&#37;?) is a great idea. Making ruins appear after a improvement is pillaged.. Well, I wouldn't go that far. I don't think there should be ruins even after a town is destroyed. But if somebody could produce a special "pillaged village" graphic, this could be nice. Remember that a village/town doesn't give any bonus now, so it shouldn't give any bonus after it's pillaged.

Interesting.
I experimented with this too a bit.
I would suggest that villages have a small defensive bonus too.

If you are prepared to alter the core game, you could add a 'muddy' polution-like feature to be applied to pillaged farm etc improvements.

Top Bottom