[MODCOMP] Right Angle Sphere Mod

ColdWarKid

Chieftain
:nuke: Warning! :nuke:

If you are a hard-line traditionalist Civilization player, who likes to play on a map with two polar regions that are impassible and of equal length to the equator, then please do not read on. :mischief:

[civ4] View attachment RAS_Mod_v1.0.zip

RAS_Continents.jpg

This mod was created for the vanilla Civ4. The spirit of this mod lives on in the Beyond the Sword mod TDS Toroidal Ice Mod :thumbsup:

This mod has the smallest change that makes the biggest difference. Polar ice is no longer formed on ocean tiles, only coastal tiles. That's it, the only change.

This mod is best played with maps that have full wrapping, north/south movement as well as east/west movement. Because the 'First to Circumnavigate the World' now works in both directions it is also advised to play on a square map. Some of the default map scripts have been modified to work with this mod. They can be found in the RAS_MapPack file.

Now, when crossing the polar region, you will find polar ice pocketing the coast, narrow straits and lakes frozen over. Some islands could even be completely locked by ice.

RAS_MapPack

RAS_MapPack contains the following maps:
RAS_Archipelago.py
RAS_Continents.py
RAS_Pangaea.py
RAS_Terra.py​
Thanks to Sto for the advice about has_center_rift and increasing the grain slightly for the RAS_Continents script.

Tip: With RAS_Pangaea, the natural shoreline gives the most polar ice, if you want shipping to be disrupted.

Have Fun! :)

Thorn said:
Thanks, that helps a lot! There's an IceBreaker mod somewhere on this forum that would go nicely with this, especially if ice can completely surround an island.
Oh yes! I know there is. :)

Being new to the forum I'm still looking at the mod components available whilst playing with some ideas of my own. The fun will really start when I start to blend the components together.

Top Bottom