PzKpfw VI "Tiger"

snafusmith

Unit Maker
Now I realize both Sharick and Nautil have made this tank before. However, Sharicks was not animated, and I'm not sure about the quality of Nautils animation (his Panzer 5 was good, but had problems - I've never actually put his Tiger I in game). Besides that, this is my favorite tank of all time and I felt I had to give it a try. I'm also working on adding animated drivers/commanders to my tanks, and this is going to be the first (not done yet, maybe sometime this weekend).

Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_I
The Tiger I represented a new approach that emphasized firepower and armour at the expense of mobility. Design studies for a new heavy tank had been started in the late 1930s, without any production planning. The real impetus for the Tiger was provided by the quality of the Soviet T-34. Although the general design and layout were broadly similar to the previous medium tank, the Panzer IV, the Tiger weighed more than twice as much. This was due to its substantially thicker armour, the larger main gun, and the consequently greater volume of fuel and ammunition storage, larger engine, and more solidly-built transmission and suspension.

Poly: 696

The unit uses custom animations, so please point to PzKpfwVI.kfm in your XML. The texture was adapted from one off of CMMD.

ENJOY!

-Smitty

Attachments

• PzKpfwVI Tiger.JPG
    PzKpfwVI Tiger.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,057
  • PzKpfwVI.zip
    59 KB · Views: 392
I have to ask you, how do you do it? I really like this Panzer, a lot!!! :goodjob:

Firstable: This looks great, very detailed, gratulations.
Only one question: Why did you add 4 exhausts instead of the usual 2?

von_Seydlitz said:
Firstable: This looks great, very detailed, gratulations.
Only one question: Why did you add 4 exhausts instead of the usual 2?

There are actually on 2 exhausts (the 2 inner tubes) - the other 2 are part of the air cleaning system, just like there should be.

Anouther amazing unit :goodjob:

Here are two alternate Skins for it (forest is a pattern found on the net <unknown origin> then altered to fit by me. The grey is based off of the original skin with some modifications to the color and hull lines as well as several small additions.)

Attachments

• Tiger Hunter forest.jpg
    Tiger Hunter forest.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Tiger Hunter Iron blitz.jpg
    Tiger Hunter Iron blitz.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 240
  • PzKpfw VI Forest.zip
    36.5 KB · Views: 140
  • PzKpfw VI Grey.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 120
Top Bottom