HE is qin shi huang not Kublai Khan

And Mr Kublai looks a lot like the game graphic for qin.

Attachments

• Kublai_Khan.gif
    Kublai_Khan.gif
    45 KB · Views: 511
  • Qin.jpg
    Qin.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 1,126
My guess is (since the similarities are striking) that somebody fumbled this up when it was all being put together.

It's also an easy enough mistake to fix.

Yeah, they must have done.
What they've got now for Kublai looks far angrier tougher, so I can see how somebody got them confused. The backgrounds are mixed up as well, so it must have been fairly early on the mistake was made :lol:

Please help me to tell Firaxis about this mistake.
Cause I just can say little English.

nmbnmbnmb said:
Please help me to tell Firaxis about this mistake.
Cause I just can say little English.
Firaxis should be alerted to this. It won't change how the game is played though. What language do you originally speak?

Interruption? said:
Firaxis should be alerted to this. It won't change how the game is played though. What language do you originally speak?

Me? I am Chinese

Indeed.... but I'll send them a message just to please the OP, and to make the guys at firaxis feel stupid ;)

RoninWarrior said:
Ohh. I was hoping it was Spanish so maybe It'd be easier to converse with you, but I guess not.
¿Cómo está Usted?: Gracias ¿Dónde está el baño?:lol:

IIRC, they switched Kublai and Qin (possibly because Kublai looked the "nicer" of the two and Mongolians shouldn't look "nice"). Also, its likely that Augustus was planned to be in the original game and his artwork was used for Alexander. There was a thread about this awhile back.

Louis XXIV said:
IIRC, they switched Kublai and Qin (possibly because Kublai looked the "nicer" of the two and Mongolians shouldn't look "nice"). Also, its likely that Augustus was planned to be in the original game and his artwork was used for Alexander. There was a thread about this awhile back.

Interesting explanation... he is rather cute... like a big cuddly teddy bear. :) However, a nice Mongolian, in this case, makes more sense than a nice Qin. That guy was flippin' nuts... a true model for all practioners of human cruelty.

I wonder if it'd be possible to tweak the anim for Kublai so he doesn't look quite so much like a smiling Buddha.

moggydave said:
Yeh I was thinking about this earlier because a few days ago I saw a docmentary about Quin and I thougt he looked nothing like the game leaderhead, though I assumed this was simply because they couldn't find an actor that looked like him (they were rubbish dramatisations thought)

The one on Discovery Channel? That one was pretty good... at least I thought so.

Louis XXIV said:

the vikings horn and now that (or the contrary?;)) are we old enough to get over premade idea of civs?

:cool:
...imagine vikings with no horns, it's easy if you try
imagine there's nice mongols, it isn't hard to do
you may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one...
:cool:

:lol:

I don't mean to sound at all offensive, but don't caucasians have a hard time telling Asians apart? I don't mean individuals, but rather, nationalities. Couldn't this be part of the problem? My wife is Chinese and she can't see the physiological differences between a dutch person and and an iranian. Maybe Asian artists should contacted for depictions of Asian leaders!?!

Louis XXIV said:
I hope not. Firaxis can't just go around swapping names - they are part of history. "Queen Victoria looks ugly so lets swap her with some supermodel". It makes no sense at all and it should be changed immediately.

Top Bottom