Great Reverend
Mods listed in this thread are most likely abandoned

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mods and ModComps
Expansion Compatibility: Beyond the Sword
Patch Compatibility: v3.17

JLimitedEra: Halt Progress in its Tracks - Current v0.210 *August 9, 2007*
This mod blocks all research passed a certain Era that you set in the config.ini file. You may also set specific techs to either be allowed or restricted despite their era. The Tech Advisor screen has been modified and will not show Techs restricted by this mod.

JUnitSpace: Limited Units on TIles - Current v0.660 *October 3, 2007*
This mod allows you to set a default amount of Space that a Tile has.
Bonuses, Features, Improvements, Terrain, City Buildings, and City Culture Levels can be
configured to modify the defualt Tile Space with new tags in their Info.xml files.
Units ave a default Size set in the UnitClassInfo.xml.
A Unit's default Size can be modified by a tag in the UnitInfo.xml.
In the UnitInfos you can also set Units to ignore the Tile Space Rules or just
the Tile Space Limit.
Promotions can now allow Units to ignore the Tile Space Limit as well as modifing a Unit's Size.
Both CivilizationInfo and LeaderHeadInfo now have new tags to exclude them from
the Tile Space Rules.
If a UnitInfo, CivilizationInfo, or LeaderHeadInfo are set to ignore Tile Space Rules then a Unit object
will ignore the rules.
By default both the Barbarian Civilization and the Barbarian Leader are set to ignore Tile Space Rules.
New Global Defines have been added to enable/disable various Tile Space Modifiers.
There are also Global Defines to control City Tiles and City Unit Training.
Global Defines are included to exclude Land, Sea, Air, and/or Immobile Unit Domains.
All Pedia pages have been updated in the SDK to show the new data.
This data will also show on all the flying help tests.
When the cursor is held over a plot in the main interface the Open Space and
the Total Space of a Tile will be displayed.
On the main interace a selected Unit's Size will be displayed after its Movement and before its Level.
By pressing SHIFT + S with the cursor over a plot you will see a popup with a break down of
Tile Space math.
A simple scenario is included that will allow easy testing of many of the different Tile Space situations.

JFortZoC: Forts Extending Borders - Current v0.200 *August 9, 2007*
When a fort is built, it automaticly spawns a Commander unit. This Commander unit will allow you to
access the various abilities of the fort. Through the Commander unit the fort can launch a ranged bombardment attack with a one tile range. The fort adds culture to the plot it is on and plots that it controls. The fort plot gets the Commander's level multiplied by 2 each turn. Controled plots get the Commander's level in culture each turn. The fort will also extend your cultural borders to a one tile range around the fort. The player with the most culture in the plot will get their cultural borders around the tile. Forts can not be built inside another fort's Zone of Control.

Utilities
Expansion Compatibility: All
Patch Compatibility: All

JDataKit: A Modder's Utility - Current v0.11 *Released October 10, 2006*
This modcomp utility is intend for python modders, not players. It is a wrapper for Stone-D's SdToolKit utility. It allows storage of data in unquie data pools for each CyUnit object.

JCvAlertManager: A Modder's Utility - Current v0.100 *May 26, 2007*
This modcomp utility is intend for python modders, not players. It provides a class that can be imported and instanced, allowing easy access to several methods that display text in logs, on the screen, or in a popup window.

JCvPath: A Modder's Utility - Current v0.200 *September 15, 2007*
This module makes available a class that implements an easy way
to retrieve various Path Strings for basic Civ4 Directories.
This module was based on CvPath from Civilization IV Alerts
mod by Gillmer J. Derge (on CivFanatics aka "Dr. Elmer Jiggle's")
and should be compatable with the CustomEventManager also by
Gillmer J. Derge.

JCvConfigParser: A Modder's Utility - Current v0.200 *September 15, 2007*
This module has a single class that extends the ConfigParser class and
allows easy retrieval of data from Civ4 Mod INI Config files.
This module was based on CvConfigParser from Civilization IV Alerts
mod by Gillmer J. Derge (on CivFanatics aka "Dr. Elmer Jiggle's")
and should be compatable with any code using that file.

##################################################
Mods below this point are considered depriciated as I have moved to BtS.
##################################################

My Mod Comps:

JUnitStats: A JDataKit Expansion - Civ4 v1.61 and Warlords - Current v0.1 *Released October 10, 2006*
This expansion modcomp provides an easy way to set initial Types and Stats on CyUnit objects when they are created and also allows a highly configurable structure to determine a Stat's initial Value.

JNavalEnhancements Mod - Civ4 v1.61 - Current v0.3 *Released October 7, 2006*
This mod allows the movement points of naval ships to be incresed by a multiplier. It also adds a Zone of Control around ships that restrict the movement of enemy ships within 2 tiles. Lastly it adds a configurable chance that units can sink in ocean tiles instead of restricting units from moveing through ocean tiles.

All Eras Dawn Of Man Screen Mod - Civ4 v1.61 - Current v0.1 *Released August 15, 2006*
This mod allows the Dawn Of Man screen to appear at the beginning of the human player's first turn instead of just at the beginning of the Ancient Era.

JReligionDecay Mod - Civ4 v1.61 - Current v0.1 Beta *Released August 14, 2006*
This mod introduces Turmoil Events. Currently I am introducing Religious Turmoil which has the possible effect of removing a religion from a city. Several config.ini options to control how and when religion may be removed.

JFirstContact Mod - Civ4 v1.61 - Current v0.5 *Updated August 22, 2006*
When you first meet another player in the game you have a configurable percent chance to gain contact with other players that are know by the team you just met but not by your team. v0.3 and later of this mod has the added feature of randomly exchanging unknown contacts between civs you do know each turn.

JZoC Mod - Civ4 v1.61 and Warlords v2.0 - Current v0.1 Beta *Released August 12, 2006*
This mod gives forts a simple Zone of Control. Enemy units entering any of the 8 tiles around the fort will only move 1 square per turn. Forts are also able to attack passing units. Many configurable options to control chance of attack, max amount of damage, and several others.

JRandomNames Mod - Civ4 v1.61 - Current v0.36 *Updated July 20, 2006*
This mod lets you control the naming of units useing several different naming engines and conventions.

JUnitReligion Mod - Civ4 v1.61 - Current v0.48 *Updated July 15, 2006*
This mod allows settlers to give religion to cities when they are founded and allows the gaining and spreading of religion by other units.

JFort Mod - Civ4 v1.61 - Current v0.31 *Updated July 15, 2006*
This mod gives promotions to units inside or around a fort and provides a simple ZOC that slows movement past forts. Forts also perform attacks on passing enemy units.

JUnitCapture Mod - Civ4 v1.61 - Current v0.1 *New Mod Released July, 26, 2006*
This mod allows Settlers, Workers, and Great People to be captured similar to capturing workers in unmodded Civ4, but with configurable percent chances and the option to get the settler/worker/great person or get a newly added slave unit instead.

JMoreWorkers Mod - Civ4 v1.61 - Current v0.1 *New Mod Released July, 27, 2006*
This is a simple XML mod that currently adds 2 new units, a generic slave worker and an african slave worker.

Limited Eras Mods - Civ4 v1.61
This is a group of small techinfo.xml modcomps. There is one mod comp for each era that disables tech learning in that era and all following eras. There is also a single zip file with all the modcomps so you can grab them all in one go.

FirstAge: An Extended Ancient Era - Civ4 v1.61
This is a mod of the first era. It adds many new techs, good amount of units and a few other surprises. This was the first mod I ever made and was how I learned the xml files. It is not prefect and probly needs a good overhaul, but I still play it on occation and enjoyed making it. :)

####----------------------------------------------------------------------####

My Combination Mods:

JImprovedForts Mod
It is going to rock. It is also going to take a while as there are around 8 mod compents I have to code and put together to make this combo mod.

JWorldSports Mod
This along with JImprovedForts Mod is right at the very top of my todo list. If you have ideas or suggestions, or just want to see what I'm planning, see this thread.
Please submit any and all sports in this tread.

JSlaveryMod
This will have slaves, pow camps, slavemaster units, slavery resourse, a national wonder, and code tied to the slavery civic, not to mention a few special features I saving as a surprise.

JCombo Mod v0.?
This is all my mods combined together and it isn't done yet so there is no link, download, or thread.
This mod is on hold indefinatly, I have many more mods to finish before I can combine them all. :cool: :band: :cool:

This section is under construction, but will be a place to store links to threads I like.

Important Threads:

CFC File Database
This is one of the greatest things to happen to civ modding since civ4 itself. All modders, from coders, to scenario makers, to graphic designers, need to put their creations into this database.

Unique Great Person Civ Names

Civ Gold 2.0 - Wyz_sub10

Arkaeyn's Dynamic City Naming

OOS Errors and MP Games

Dune Mod Idea Thread

TheLopez Mod Component Library Thread and More

AIAutoPlay - jdog5000

Native American Canoe - Rabbit, White

Rounded Corners for Buttons

These are threads useful to Python Modding:

Warlords Python API docs & script - by Loctus, may the gods blessings be upon you for this. :thanx:
This is the API for all the python methods and such. With out this, python modding would be such a pain that I don't think I would do it.

Sample Python Code - Thread started by Kael, but many of the elite have contributed.
Do NOT post questions or requests in this thread. There are places to post both of those and this is not it, this is for the posting of functioning code.
This is a thread were python mods post bits of functioning tested code for the rest of us to study and use.

TheLopez's Mod Component Thread and more
Once you know what you want to do in python, the next step is to find someone that has done it already and look at their code. I have yet to try coding somthing not be able to find an example some where in one of TheLopez's mods.

Civ4 Multiplayer Compatability Guide
If you make mods and want them to be MP compatable or wish to understand a little more about how the game in general and the Begin/End Player/Turn events in peticular work, then this is the Guide for you. Major props to Gerikes for writing this.

Calling Python Methods From SDK
Another tutorial from Gerikes. Gives a good explanation of calling python code from the SDK.

How To: Add Popups by Kael
This is one of the best tuts around. It makes adding popups to the game supper easy.
Some stuff about making buttons.

And lastly, bump. :bump:

Hey everybody, I've released a few new mods today and am uploading my new JReligionDecay mod now and will be pushing out a few new versions of my current mods over the next few days. So keep an eye out and let me know what yall think of them. :)

Nice stuff. :goodjob:

You should have a moderator move this thread into the "Mod Components" section ala TheLopez's Library Thread. More people will probably find it more easily.

Amra said:
Nice stuff. :goodjob:

You should have a moderator move this thread into the "Mod Components" section ala TheLopez's Library Thread. More people will probably find it more easily.

what he said:goodjob: including moving it to mod components:goodjob:

Hey, thanx guys for the encouragement and nice words. :D :thanx:

I might see about having the thread moved, but this is really more a compilation of threads I want to remember and find easly so I think its a little more approprate in this forum.

But it is easy enough to find it as it is the only link in my sig and I got posts all over the modcomp threads. :) :cool: :king: :cool: :band:

Hey jeckel I love your python mods they're great :thumbsup: but I was wondering if you could please reupload the python version of JUnitTileLimit, I would be extremely grateful! :D Thanks in advance!

P.S. I was wondering if it was okay for me to release this and JFortZOC merged with the fall from heaven 2 mod? (of course I would give you all the credit)

Farmer Bobathan said:
Hey jeckel I love your python mods they're great :thumbsup: but I was wondering if you could please reupload the python version of JUnitTileLimit, I would be extremely grateful! :D Thanks in advance!

Oh, I would man, but my last modding computer got sold while I was not around and it had all my modding stuff on it. I had assumed the mods were fine here on CFC, but some hacker wannabe dweeb got the bright idea to wipe the CFC database and poof, months of hard fought Civ4 modding gone in a flash. :mad:

If you can find someone else that has the code maybe they will reupload it, but short of that we are both out of luck. :(

Farmer Bobathan said:
P.S. I was wondering if it was okay for me to release this and JFortZOC merged with the fall from heaven 2 mod? (of course I would give you all the credit)

As for using my mods, and as it is with all Civ4 mods, the game is open to us so all mods are open to us. Give me credit please, but beyound that, do as you will. :)

Oh, I would man, but my last modding computer got sold while I was not around and it had all my modding stuff on it. I had assumed the mods were fine here on CFC, but some hacker wannabe dweeb got the bright idea to wipe the CFC database and poof, months of hard fought Civ4 modding gone in a flash. :mad:

If you can find someone else that has the code maybe they will reupload it, but short of that we are both out of luck. :(
Well thats not good to hear :(

As for using my mods, and as it is with all Civ4 mods, the game is open to us so all mods are open to us. Give me credit please, but beyound that, do as you will. :)
Now theres something good, thanks! :D

Here ya go. :)

Attachments

• JUnitTileLimit.zip
    85.2 KB · Views: 106
ok i know this is in your abandoned mod section, but do you still work on any of these? I'm looking for a way to limit SoD in my FFH2 games, i posted in another thread about it and with a bit of searching found out about your JUnitSpace: Limited Units on Tile mod which seems to be about as close as anyone has gotten to solving the big SoD issues in CivIV.

I've got one nation with a single stack over 500 units and i'm sure it is causing alot of the late game slow down, as well as being way overpowered in general. The last update on your mod was for v3.17, any news on a last patch v3.19 version(as this is the one most of the mods like Dune and FFH2 use)?

Top Bottom