City Names for Warlords mini-mod

Arkaeyn

King
Wonder where Kyiv is? Sick of seeing the Greeks found Thermopylae third? Barbarian city names getting you down? Would you like Cordoba to be founded by the Spanish OR the Arabs? Look no further!

The goal of this mod: to have a stiuation where any major city in world history has the potential to appear.

This has been done by:

Reorganizing the list of city names so that more important cities appear earlier (the Greeks will build Corinth third now)

Adding several city names to larger empires
(Russia now includes full Tsarist/Soviet possessions like Kyiv and Tblisi)

Adding colonial city names
(the French will build Montreal)

Adding duplicate city names, as Civ will only build one
(If there are no Egyptians, the Greeks will build Thebes, the Spanish and the Arabs can each build Cordoba)

Making the Barbarians cities that don't appear in Civ, instead of tribe names
(from Bangkok to Babylon!)

version history:
7/30/06 0.1 - moved much of my work from the Sevomod version into a Warlords version.

TO INSTALL - In your Warlords\Assets\XML\Civilizations, backup your Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml. Unzip this file in its place.

Major changes have taken place on:

America*, Arabia*, Egypt*, England*, Greece*, Inca, Turks, Persia, Rome, Russia*, Barbarians

Minor changes:

Aztecs*, China, France*, Germany, Japan*, Mali*, Mongols, Spain*

No changes, or tiny changes:

Carthage, Celts, India, Korea, Vikings, Zulu

WANT TO HELP?

I'm looking for experts in historical geography, or generally argumentative people to analyze what I've come up with. Starred civs are the ones I'm generally happy with - all others I'd like help!

Also looking for a python/XML coder to do more complicated things involving city name changes.

For more details about what I'm aiming at, and why, this is the original thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172738

Attachments

• City Names mini-mod.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 306
Nice. :)

Have you uploaded this in the File Database? The XML component section is kinda bare and needs more files.

My Britain Mod (link in sig) has what I consider a more realistic city order for the UK, though it does, naturally include Scottish, Welsh, and Northern Irish cities as well as English (all the ones from the original rearranged, plus some that were strangely missing).

I like the idea - may I include it, or a variation on it, in the next version? I'll probably also add colonies, and if you want to be part of that process, feel free to post your thoughts.

Also, I've realized that half the cities are in ALL CAPS. Oops.

for england put york as the first capital it was founded before london

Top Bottom