Star Wars: Return of the Mod

odintheking

Lighting the way...
1. Introduction and Excel basics

Ok, the old thread got waaaay to long and spammy for anything to get done, so a new thread has been started. Hopefully it will stay on-topic (who am I kidding, ;)). This post will be updated regularly to show progress on all non-unit stuff (go to the "Unit" thread for unit graphics in-progress and requests and stuff.) So here's a basic rundown of the civs and stuff (there will be scenarios about the Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, battles, etc., but after the main mod, dagnabbit!). Anyway, for the basics, we could write it all longhand for the public, or upload excel documents. For a hint of what's to come, here are the excel documents, ;) :

Unit Tree and City, leader and specifics list excel documents

2. Rundown

So basically, this is a complete re-do of civ 3 to be for Star Wars, (hence the mod being called "Star Wars: A New Mod"). We've done alot of units, mostly OpenFX spaceships and SW:GB conversions, which I hope we can replace with proper units for someday, but that's after we do the mod and the Yuuzhan Vong, :crazyeye: ) We also have a couple of odd graphics done, but we're not close to beta yet. We had an early alpha, but it was really glitchy, so it's not public. What we need is people to help us. We need your ideas (on anything but the unit lines, city lists and leaders), we need your modding capabilities and we need your graphic capabilities. Please help us, you're our only hope!

3. Civilizations

CIVILIZATIONS

Galactic Empire

Leader: Darth Vader
Bonus Traits: Mil, Ind, Exp
Flavors: Sith, Imperial
Culture Group: Imperial
Civ Color: 14 (Navy Blue)
Agression Level: 5

Rebel Alliance

Leader: Commander Mon Mothma
Bonus Traits: Ind, Sci, Sea
Flavors: Jedi, Rebel
Culture Group: Rebel
Civ Color: 2 (Red)
Agression Level: 3

Galactic Republic

Leader: Chancellor Palpatine
Bonus Traits: Sci, Com, Sea
Flavors: Jedi, Republic
Culture Group: Republic
Civ Color: 7 (Sky Blue)
Agression Level: 3

CIS

Leader: Count Dooku
Bonus Traits: Mil, Exp, Com
Flavors: Sith, Separatist
Culture Group: Seperatist
Civ Color: 12 (Dark Red)
Agression Level: 5

Yuuzhan Vong (on hold, will come with a later patch)

4. To-do list

• Finish the rest of the units we need (see the unit thread)
  • Finish the other graphics we need
  • Make the tech tree
  • Make the building structure
  • Mod the biq (which I will do, :).)
  • The entire Yuuzhan Vong civ (eventually)

Woohoo! New Thread! :woohoo:

If you're using the civ-colors I picked they should go like this:
Empire - 14 Navy Blue
Rebels - 24 Red Orange (2 Red works too...)
Republic - 7 Medium Blue
Separatists - 12 Dark Red

I've also been working on a Biq since April, but since you want to I'll let you handle it. I might post mine later after I've cleaned it up a bit.

Also, here's my current Civ & Building.xls which has been tweaked and updated a bit since I posted it last.

EDIT: How come we can't attach zips to our posts anymore? :confused:

Cool, I'll fix those colors, and post that list, too. And please, PM me the biq, I haven't even started it yet, :lol:. As for the zips, I think TF wants people to use the new file database, methinks...

I actually think the Republic and CIS colors should be switched. If you watch the movies, the Republic ships all had dark red coloring, and the CIS ships were all colored dark blue. I think that the units on both sides would look a helluva lot better with the same livery as their sides used in the films, but that's just my opinion. I also think that the Venator model I have looks rather odd in blue rather than dark red. But once again, just my opinion :p

@ BlackHand - yeah, the V-19 looks way better in twelve than in seven. Who else votes to switch?

@bigdog - we're not having a map for the main mod, but we'll have cool planet maps for the individual battles (Endor, Hoth, Geonosis, etc.)

@Odin - No main galactic map!?!? Hell, I'll gladly volunteer for that job. I've already kind of experimented with making one, basically laying out islands as planets and such. It'll give me something to do as I ease my frustration with some of my animations :mad:

Stormrage is right, they don't have to be one square. And even if they were all one square, you could just set all units to be "amphibious" and do it that way.

Well... is the sea going to be sea, or is it going to be "space"? Cos, if its going to be sea it will be dumb if space ships can only fly above water, and if its going to be "space" you will end up having planets shaped like bananas and chihuahuas... which is dumber..

Ok, sea will be space, and fighters and other small ships can go on land and on sea, while capital ships are restricted to space, but can bombard land. I agree that we need a map, though, but with planets 3x3 spread out all over the place, :). Also, we can use TLC's water for water planets, and use them like marshes. Maybe for irrigation and mines, we can make "urban" layovers, so that a civilized planet could look like Coruscant.

Um... I was picturing a mix between the civ2 air system and the civ3 air system, (there's a tut for that in the tut section). So air units could move across land and space, and at the same time intercept bombers if they're in a city, and fight other air units, but not land units. The only problem with that would be the ability of a fighter to take on a capital ship, :blush:. Perhaps, though, instead of having only one fighter, the fighters could be a m-unit "squadron" with a chance of beating (or at least softening up) another squadron or capital ship, just like in the movies, :).

Top Bottom