Scenario: Medium Interior

Asjo

Warlord
This is the second scenario I publish here. I have made many others, but apparently there were problems since I patched my Civilization for the last one I planned to upload. The general theme in my scenarios is massive factions, conquest only and loads of fighting. They have no historical basis, but are simply situations that I personally find fun to play out. Check out my other scenario here: ‘Housing of Esrael’ …

This scenario is set on the 18 civilizations world map. The world map has been remade with less icy terrain and desert. All floating ice around the map has been removed as well to make it possible to sail all around the world. The North Pole has been made available for expansion. Few other changes have been made, such as changing a few islands to make them more useful to civilization whose empire is based at sea.

You will recognize some rivalries, religion division, wonder placements and armies from the real world, but this scenario is all about playability. There should be plenty of entertaining epic battles ahead for every nation.

Specifics

- Technology: All technologies discovered for every nation
- State: All cities are fully developed and defended. No nation is powerful enough to dominate the world and everyone nation should have a chance. Most nations should have direct assess to the important modern resources oil and aluminium.
- Settings: Speed is normal, game style is conquest only, require complete kill, aggressive AI and random seem on reload.
- Players: 18
- Map size: Huge

Situation

The Germans might face extinction in their current land war in South Asia against the Russians, who seems capable of delivering a lethal blow, if nothing else. Meanwhile, the still have chances to disrupt their hated American enemies at sea.

The superpowers America and Egypt seem to have foundations for an unlimited supply of military units. Egypt even has several important wonders, while the Americans have their Delta Forces (promoted Navy Seal) loaded in Delta transports (promoted transports).

Hayna Capac and Genghis Khan are unlikely superpowers due to less fruitful lands and might struggle to follow suit with the Americans and Egyptians.

Can the Romans wager war successfully with anyone solely from their well-established empire on Australia? Their neighbours, the Malinese, might be their only shot.

While the English have a potent empire, with an almost invincible but small royal navy (upgraded battleships and destroyers) and cities pumped up by lots of great people, they might still have to seize the chance of quick expansion the join the big boys. As of now, they only posses six cities.

Both the Japanese and the Arabs face no imminent danger but seem without many chances to become more powerful. Stuck on their island, the Japanese have not but the power to defend themselves, while the Arabs don’t seem likely to overcome anyone of their neighbours, stuck in the Middle East.

The Indians have a little but important land area. Can they make it erupt in force or will the slowly lose ground to their dangerous neighbour, the Chinese?

Despite their massive army of destroyers, the long-term future does not seem to bright for the Persians, who might see their sea empire fall short on production. Alone in south west Asia their capital seems ever so fragile.

The Aztec have been quick to expand to the North Pole. Might they make something more of it?

Depspite having what looks like a weak and scattered empire, the French have and Island between Africa and South America with four of the best cities in the world. A strong sea empire might mean flexible advance.

Feel free to give as much feedback as possible. I spent literally the entire day yesterday making this scenario, so it should be worth your while.

BEWARE! When you load this scenario make sure you choose 'play custom scenario'. For some reason it won't load with 'play scenario', tried waiting for ten minutes without any luck.

Download link:

Download here

For some strange reason I can upload neither zip nor rar files. Getting the file up proved to be quite a hassle. Added download link in topic post now.

Edit: Seems the file still has to be approved (it says "this file is in purgatory"). Sorry guys :(

This forum should really have a sticky said 'Before you upload scenario files - read here' or something, because this was quite a frustrating and confusing process. Now I know that if only I had fifteen more posts, my file would have been approved right away. I had no way to know that people cannot attach their scenarios anymore since I only really visit this forum for the time being.

Asjo said:
For some strange reason I can upload neither zip nor rar files. Getting the file up proved to be quite a hassle. Added download link in topic post now.

You have to upload in the FILES DATABASE area ok.

strategyonly, as I'm sure you can see in the editor part of my post, I'm perfectly aware of that. Last time I posted I was able to attach zip-files, so I was simply baffled at first that I couldn't.

Guys, the scenario has now been approved. So just follow the download link and enjoy :)

God damnit, edited "world map" to "earth map" in the text for the file download, and now it has to be approved again. Oh well :o . . .

Hope it gets approved soon. Seems that most people here are from non-European timezones anyway since most of the forum action happens when I'm asleep :)

nice, i just hate the fact that mexico has so much american land and that the americas and the pacific/europe are soooo close together, other than that its really fun to play

Oh, it is fun to play, no probelm at all. And about the american land, it is ok to have mexican land along with america, after all, they are neighbouring contries and they might get a hide out !!

Top Bottom