RB22 - Huayana Capac the Despot.

Qwack

The Poopman
Yeah, I tried to fill up the roster before opening this, but that wasnt possible. Hopefully a seperate thread will allow us to get some more people.

Leader: Huayana Capac
Map: Fractal - random climate and random sealevel
Difficulty: Monarch or Emperor
Speed: Epic

Variant: Cannot ever change civics

Roster:
Qwack
TheRat
darelljs
Greyfox
Ozbenno

I will load up a start once our roster is full. RB succesion game rules apply: http://realmsbeyond.net/civ/sgrules.html

checking in, hope some more people will join this

Just a point of clarification, because I just can't believe my eyes.

You are planning to attempt to pull off a win on Monarch or Emp, while keeping the ORIGINAL civics ALL GAME LONG ?!?!!?

Wow.

Phal said:
You are planning to attempt to pull off a win on Monarch or Emp, while keeping the ORIGINAL civics ALL GAME LONG ?!?!!?

I am just grateful that we are not Spiritual .or Organized.. :crazyeye:

Th inability to adopt slavery is going to be the most painful, me think. The rest I can live without ... they are mostly activated later in the game, so no big deal. The initial 4000 years or so would determine how we fare .. if we manage to make significant advances during this period, then the inability to change to Representation or Bureacracy or State Property or Organized/Free Religion is alleviated.

--

That needed serious considerations.
Main problem would be luck of shields and happiness.
No whipe shields, no draft shields... hm....
Cultural win? :)

I need to think about that...

Ok looks like our roster is full, I loaded up a start on monarch difficulty. Here is what we got:

And the start:

I moves the quecha 1 NW to see what is hidden in the water, and he reveals the fish. Not an overwhelming start but fish and cow is pretty good. Too bad we cant whip :lol: .

IMO, move 1N and settle, go for hinduism and move on from there.

Roster:
Qwack
TheRat
darelljs
Greyfox
Ozbenno

We will do 20 turns per set the first time around, then 10 from there. Ill play mine tommorow after we have a consensus, but right now seems like moving 1N probably the best move.

lurker's comment: Funny, I was just thinking the other night about a variant of this sort and was also wondering how great the effect of no slavery, representation etc. would be. I think, like with cottages, you really start to appreciate them once you can't use them.

Will be watching this!

Qwack said:
We will do 20 turns per set the first time around, then 10 from there. Ill play mine tommorow after we have a consensus, but right now seems like moving 1N probably the best move.

Checking in.

The fish are tasty, I concur with the move to pull them in range. We need a religion for happiness, so I also like the research path. In fact, depending on who we share the continent with it might not be a bad idea to grab more than one. The two plains hills will let us chop some forrests...at least the one on the river.

Good luck...may you find a nearby capital to rush :ar15:

Darrell

Although I suspect some resources in the south, we have no way to know for sure. Based on what is known, I concur on moving 1N. Losing the freshwater is no big deal, as we have two health resources. There are ample forests too ... but we would most probably want to chop one or two to compensate for the slavery.

Come to think of it, in RB17, we also had no slavery and cannot chop. So its not too difficult (... but we did lose the first time round ... :crazyeye:).

--

one north seems the way to go for sure

I played 20 turns.

I try to load up the game, and notice I forgot to save it :crazyeye: . Luckily I had the initial autosave. I load it up and make the same move with Quecha.

we meet Julius in 2760 BC. You can see in this screenshot where his border is. Wow. You can also see we are surrounded by jungle in this cold climate. Heh.

We research Hinduism in 3430 like expected. Nobody has founded buddhism yet, probably no spiritual civs in the game here. But better to be safe than sorry. Hinduism was the right move.

On my last turn, met Loius. He is south east behind the jungle. Heres is the territory around us...

Well, that was pretty short turnset. Probably should have done more than 20 the first time around since it was epic.. oh well. Atleast I know for my next SG. Anyways, in terms of moving forward, I think quecha rush on JC might work out. His capital is pretty close, if we move fast enough we can get around 4-5 quechas to him before he has more than 3 archers. As long as his capital isnt on hill(It doesnt look like it is), we can probably take it. In terms of research next, Im not sure yet, but fishing is probably a good tech to go after next. Heres a closer look at his territory, looks like a good production site.

Anyways, TheRat is up for 20 turns.

Save:

how do we know that we can reach JC by land? It doesn;t seem to obvious and is quite some way to go. Maybe we should get some galleys and land from our side?

Yep, the 2nd last screenshot hints positively that we are connected by land. A quecha rush :hammer: ... sounds like a good plan, but he is pretty far, I estimate it takes roughly 14 tiles movement to reach from our capital to his.

Fishing plus sailing to get Galleys might takes longer for quechas to get there by foot, so one possible way is to do both, send the initial quechas towards him by land, and meanwhile research fishing+sailing to build galleys so that subsequent reinforcement can be sent by sea.

--

It will take around 9 turns by land to get there ;). Considering we are on Epic speed, I think its quite possible. We have 1 around that area, and our initial quecha can go there also, By producing 2-3 more, I think it will take maybe 35 turns to get 5 quechas to his capital. If we do decide to quecha rush, The question is, whether to go workboat first or go all quechas and then worker/work boat..

save

played 20 turns
met Monte and Cyrus as well,
went for fishing, then sailing while building units
we now have 4 quechuas near Rome, I would attack once we have 5 of them

I got 2 of them promoted at 5xp

Rome has 2 archers inside and another one covering the worker. throughout my set they did not grow and produce a unit, I am sure they are making a settler, let's grab that free worker here

Top Bottom