Pirate Ship 08/08/06

Orthanc

Shipwright
Another one for Zelda! This is the Pirate Ship from Windwaker, for those unaware, this unit was made this fast because it has the same model as the Ghost ship, just different textures, plus a catapult and a figurehead.

EDIT: There's been requests for two different sail designs for this ship, as well as an arrow attack. The original doesn't have an arrow attack, but the new ones do.

Downloady:
Pirate Ship
'Ladja'
Striped Sails

Enjoy!

Stormrage said:
Those rope thingies holding the poll thingy disappear partially during the preview. Will it be noticable in-game? Other than that, it looks sweet! :D

Nice naval terminology there!:lol:

You might notice the vanishing rope act a bit, but I'm really not sure what I can do to fix that, other than making the ropes obnoxiously thick...

:) Thanks everyone!

Very fine ship, Orthanc.:)

@Orthanc
about the "vanishing ropes-syndrome": have you considered of doing the ropes light (in shade, you fool! we don't want them to drift away in the wind...)

I did that, and noticed that the flickering of the ropes wasn't so bad when the ropes are white... altough it changes the appearence of the ship a bit.
:)

Interesting idea aaglo, I'll try it next chance I get.

:thanx:

Hey Orthanc...since youve made all the Narnian boats except one anyway, do you mind if I use this an the Narnian version of a privateer?...(I know you dont mind, Im asking out of common courtousy)

@Storm...I dont know what that stuffs called either...I look it up before I post, so as to not look stupid :lol: but I forget it anyway...to me its a pole, and ropes...and the right and left, front and back...

Go ahead! I release these things with a description of their original purpose, but once you download them you're free to do whatever you want with them (aside from plagarism, but I'm really not too worried about that)

From here:
Orthanc said:

As this shows, the ship has a yard holding down the bottom of it's sail, which isn't really nautically sound, doc it off or keep it in?

So yes, and no. Naval architectural accuracy says you're right, Game accuracy says otherwise. I went with game accuracy for this one.

maybe physics work different in Zeldaverse??...or game programmers didnt know how a boat worked(I might have made the same mistake)??

Another thing Orthanc...Im really liking the figureheads youve been working with...now Im torn between this and your other pirate ship, for Narnia...

Top Bottom