Simple Religion Mod

closer762

Chieftain
Hi everyone!

I made this mod for myself because I was bored with the vanilla religion model. I don't know what other people have done, but this is my version. I understand why Firaxis didn't make unique religion differences, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and contribute! Please don't be offended by anything I did, since I did it with the upmost honesty and attempt to maintain historical connections. Here is a list of what this little mod includes:

-Religious buildings can only be built by the state religion. So if I'm Buddhist, I can't build a Christian temple.
-Each state religion provides one of three bonuses: Christianity, Islam, Buddhism +2 Culture, Judaism and Hinduism +1 Gold, and Confucianism and Taoism +1 Research. These values replace the old +2 culture, and all provide +1 Happiness.
-Each temple provides different bonus. All provide +1 Happy and +1 Culture, but: Jewish: +1 Trade Route, Christian +1 Happy, +1 Culture, Islam +2 XP, Hindu +10% Gold, Buddhist +2 Happy, Confucian +10% Research, Taoist +2 Health.
-Victory by Religion is possible as well, if 66% of the population is your religion. I also adjusted the Spread rates of each religion. This part was inspired by Rodman49's mod idea.

That's it. I've playtest this a fair amount, but any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've had alot of fun with it. I am considering adding Inquisitors (not named this however, which I personally feel is a bad name and a horrible historical misconception) as well as a -1 Happy for non-state religion for Theocracy since it is more powerful BUT I have no clue how to do this. When I put the value -1 in, it gives me +198923027, or some such. Please help if anyone knows how to fix this.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• sub_Religion.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 257
closer762 said:
H
-Religious buildings can only be built by the state religion. So if I'm Buddhist, I can't build a Christian temple.

That's a good idea :)

Is this Warlords-compatible?

Once I get Warlords in a day or two, I will make it compatible if it is not. As for the religious Freedom, no, you won't be able to build them. This makes sense, since a Free Religion society would certainly not have state supported temple building. However, I do recognize that it weakens that Civic. This means that I should either improve it, Or, if someone knows the python to have temples randomly be built under Free Religion, that would be the best solution.

Hmm, having some python added random temple buildings to your cities when your in Free Religion, kinda representing the private sector financing of religion, that is a good idea, I will look into that when I get some free time this week. :)

Top Bottom