Met Alexander

Oldbus

Chief of Confusion
Wake up ya neighbours, lock up ya daughters - cos Alex is in town!

This thread is to discuss meeting our new neighbour Alexander.

I ( SoS) will go in an investigate his capibilities and his willingness to trade...

in the save now..... Be right back

OK ...he has CS, Monothesim, Music. We have drma adn philo. He wont trade music.

He will trade CS and mono and 20gold for drama and philo.

He is above us in GNP and Power. Close in culture(reasons below) and is below us in manu and crop. He has 2 of the top 5 cities...due to wonders and the founding of Hinduism(has to be in Athens since its an early one)

He has stonehedge, oracle and sistine chapel in Athens and in Sparta he has the parthenon. In addition he founded Hinduism. IN my opinion... despite his score...this could be a major player in the other part of the world.

I also suggest we sail due west( he came east ) with our caravel and take the trade deal. Then try to get paper as soon as possible. A map right now would allow us to almost certainly sail around the world since he will sail around mapping our continent for a few turns

How can you be so sure that he is below us in manu and crop? I thought it only tells you what place you are in on the demographics screen. Is it not possible Russia or Germany is behind us in one of those?

You can look at the graph screen - it shows all the positions of power etc.

I've added some screenshots (though not these) to the TC thread.

While I'm all for the trade, it does choose sides early. It is possible that Alex has been warring (the low score might be an indication), and so we'd immediately get on the wrong side of someone over there. This isn't a reason not to trade, just a consideration. Btw, I haven't checked, nbut can we get anything out of Peter for CS?

I d have to check on that. I didnt look at that at tha time. I was only concerned with Alex.

trade sounds good, going to check the save myself

If we trade monotheism+civil service+20 gold from Alex for Philosophy and Drama, we can lightbulb Paper using our Great Scientist!
Sounds good, doesn't it?

Then we have a novelty tech which we can trade rape Russia, Bismark and Alex with.

Then get maps and maybe be the first to sail around the world.

dutchfire said:
If we trade monotheism+civil service+20 gold from Alex for Philosophy and Drama, we can lightbulb Paper using our Great Scientist!
Sounds good, doesn't it?
Sorry but citzen assembley has voted to build an acedemy :sad: Who's up for a challenge :D?

OK hows this for a challenge..a later poll can undo a earlier one.( in CoL)

AS SoS I request a new poll due to the new trade situation. Dave is out of town and I will take this to the JR if necessary becuase thsi poll is no longer valid once we make the trade. We posted this poll under the perception that the light bulb would yield astro...it no longer does that after the trade...so its invalid as soon as teh trade is made.

I voted for acedemy...and would vote for paper as a ligthbulb NOW

btw since I wasn't here from the start, how many continents civs etc are there? Might Alex be on his own on the continent or with only one other civ?

I don't think we know exactly how many continents. I think we have 7 or 8 opponents. Due to bugs in earlier releases of Civ4, we know definitely that Mansa Musa is out there somewhere. See National Intelligence Agency thread in Government forum for more details.

Top Bottom