Why Are you still playing Civ III?

Why are you playing Civ 3?

• Technical requirement for Civ IV were too high for me

Votes: 53 27.0%
  • Didn't want to pay for a new version

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Bought Civ 4 but perfer the style of Civ III.

Votes: 81 41.3%
  • Still have happy with the CIV III. Why change?

Votes: 38 19.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 19 9.7%

• Total voters

searcheagle

Emperor
I have a question I'm curious about? There seem to be a lot of people who have not upgraded to Civ IV and are still playing Civ III. I know I am one of them. What is the reason that you have not switched? For me, it was due to the technical requirements. What about you?

I like Civ IV and Civ III both.

When i get tired of Civ IV i put in the Civ III CD and play.

I actually bought cIV, but I don't like it much. I now play civIII almost exclusively.:)

I have Civ4 as well as Civ3Complete for the Mac. Aside from feeling that Civ4 is still in the early beta phases, and not nearly a complete game as yet, I much prefer Civ3 as a better game. Far too much in Civ4 is sacrificed to get the somewhat limited 3D graphics.

I bought C4, played several games, and I found myself bored and just wanting each game to be over. I had to force myself to continue. It didn't have that "just one more turn" feel that C3 has always given me.

Well, in Civ 4, I couldn't figure out how exactly to manage my cities. (Bad.) I vastly prefer the style of Civ 3, anyway, I'm not sure why.

I bought C4, played several games, and I found myself bored and just wanting each game to be over. I had to force myself to continue. It didn't have that "just one more turn" feel that C3 has always given me.

Exactly.

Heck, not only am I still playing Civ III, I just got it! There's no reason to go and upgrade to Civ IV now . . . I've got way to much play left in Civ III. I'm too cheap to pay "new game" prices (especially after being burned by MOO 3), and I like waiting until the patches have come out and the bugs are known. I suspect it'll be at least a year before I get Civ IV.

Xanikk999 - your sig is too long. Please shorten it.

My comp wouldn't handle Civ4. Got a new one, d/l'd the demo, wasn't impressed. There was a real 'Wow' factor for me when I first started playing Civ3, even after 2 & 1. Didn't get that from 4.

I'll probably pick it up when it hits the cheap bin.

I have a POS computer and knew the Civ4 requirements were too high.

My computer is too old and I don't want to pay $50 bucks for a game. Especially one still in its infancy. I expect they'll come out with the civ IV combo packs and remakes with titles like ultimate. I only just bought civ3 complete, and already there is a thread here about a new civ 3 title on its way. The only thing IV has going for it, I hwear is that they added back in a built in cheat system that civ 3 is missing, and complete doeasn't have any tailered trainers yet, so I've been unable to explore the joys of building a spaceshil in 1KA.D. on civ 3.

1) My dad borrowed Civ IV from my uncle a while ago. I saw him playing it, and I wasn't impressed.

2) I'm poor. I mean, really poor.

3) I still love Civ III, and I still haven't beat a game past chieftain (boos and hisses). Maybe once I've worn out Civ III, or Civ IV costs less money, I'll check it out.

I NEED A 3D CHARD TO PLAY CIV IV !!!!!!!!

T__T'' i hate Sid. a turn based strategy game shouldnt have "awesome" graphics. 2D is gold!!

I don't actually know. I bought C-IV when it came out, I enjoy playing it, my computer copes fine with the requirements, there are so many changes that I approve of but I still find myself playing III virtually everytime I play a game.

Maybe it's because I know III much better. Maybe I need to make an effort to learn the new game more. However I still have a lot of fun playing it so in the end, who cares? My game time is limited and so whilst I continue to enjoy playing it, I'll stick with it.

Still, C-IV has fared better than some other games I own. I bought AoE III at the same time and I've still not even installed it on my computer. :blush:

i bought civ 4 about a week ago, but still haven't gotten around to it because i'm in the middle of a civ 3 game that i really want to beat. once i finish the game, i'll pop in civ 4 and start a full length game (i've already done a "test" game, playing a few turns to make sure it works and d/l'd the patch, but i haven't really played cIV yet. i expect to not like it as much as i like civ 3, but i'll just have to play and see. ;))

I dont know. I get bored when I play it, but if I cant play it, I feel the need to play it so badly. :crazyeye:

When I bought Civ 4 I thought, "Why does a game have to be more complicated to be more fun?" Civ 4 is probably a fun game but I think it has gotten WAY more complicated than Civ 3. Civ 3 is simpler and more enjoyable because you can learn the game mechanics quickly and the way the game works is very straightforward. Civ 4 is different. There are SOOOOO many new icons, concepts, different style of play, resources, terrain, unit operations, that it becomes painful to learn entirely how the game works. Not to mention, the surpreme graphics of civ 4 slows my system down to the point it takes like 5 minutes for a unit to move 1 square.

I bought civ IV and played it bit and thought it lacked something cant say what exactly, never had the same feeling as C3C just one more turn...............

I was a wee bit annoyed with all the bugs that civ IV had it appeared to be rushed out, I though about buying the expansion pack to see if that improved things but I read a few postings about further bugs and I just thought sack that and went back to C3C.

Now I am back playing C3C all the time.

Top Bottom