[ADD-ON] Ripple's Mod 1.0 for Sevomod 3.1c

ripple01

Emperor
Ripple's Mod 1.0 for Sevomod 3.1c
Vanilla Civ4

Last Updated: 08/19/06

Download link: http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization%204/Mods/SevoMod/Ripple's%20Mod%201.0.zip

Installation: To install, simply extract to your Sevomod directory and overwrite all files that you are prompted to overwrite. Be sure to "Use Subfolder Info" to ensure that all files are extracted in their proper directories.

*This is my first attempt at modding or anything even remotely close to this, so please go easy on me :)*

The purpose of this mod is to add some additional content and make some small tweaks to Sevomod, my favorite large-scale mod for Civ4. Below is a list of the changes:

1) I have added the following Civs/Leaders. All except Byzantine are from Civ Gold 2.0. Byzantine is by Amra.

Austria: Added Franz Joseph leaderhead
Austria: Updated Maria Theresa leaderhead
Byzantium: Added Byzantine civ w/ Basil II and Theodora leaderheads
Canada: Added Trudeau leaderhead (This leaderhead was used for Willem von Oranje in Sevomod)
Croatia: Added Croation civ w/ Tomislav leaderhead
Finland: Added Finland civ w/ Kekkonen leaderhead
Ireland: Added Irish civ w/ Niall leaderhead
Israel: Added David leaderhead
Khmer: Added Khmer civ w/ Jayavarman leaderhead
Korea: Updated Wang Geon leaderhead
Korea: Added Sejong The Great leaderhead
Lithuania: Added Lithuanian civ w/ Mindaugas leaderhead
Maasai: Added Mbatian leaderhead
Magyar: Added Magyar civ w/ Arpad leaderhead
Netherlands: Updated Willem von Oranje leaderhead
Romania: Added Romania civ w/ Cuza leaderhead
Scotland: Added Mary Stuart leaderhead
Sioux: Added Sioux civ w/ Tashunnekwitho leaderhead and Tatanka Yotake leaderhead
Sweden: Added Swedish civ w/ Karl XII leaderhead
Siam: Added Siamese civ w/ Mongkut leaderhead
Tibet: Added Tibetan civ w/ Songtsen leaderhead
Togo: Added Togolese civ w/ Eyadema leaderhead
Yemen: Added Yemenese civ w/ Yahya leaderhead

2) I added an additional leader trait: Agricultural

Agricultural gives 1 extra food on plots that are already producing at least 4 food. It also doubles the building speed of granaries. (Taken from CivMore by Fitchn)

3) Reworked leader trait assignments: I have heavily reworked some of the assigned leader traits. All trait combinations are used with only one overlap. (Both Hatshepsut and David have the Spiritual/Creative combination.) I welcome any feedback on balance issues this may cause. With some of the lesser known leaders, I have tried to give traits that will seem appropriate. It is tricky to do when trying to use all trait combinations! Again, I welcome suggestions on trait assignments. The enclosed Excel file displays all of the leader trait assignments. (I resurrected a few trait combos from Civ III for a little bit of nostalgia!)

4) A few minor tweaks:

I switched the leaderheads for Qin Shi Huang and Kublai Khan while keeping the backgrounds. See this thread for more info: (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=179309)

I changed Praetorian to Legionary and Phalanx to Hoplite. These are only text changes; I have not modified the actual units in any way.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy my tweaks. I think it adds a little more flavor to an already fantastic mod.

Cheers,
ripple01

Credits:

First off, thanks to Sevo for his outstanding Sevomod. Also, thanks to Wyz_sub10, Shqype, Sevo, and Amra for their amazing work on Civ Gold 2.0. Thanks to Amra for his excellent Byzantine civ and his minimod to switch the Qin Shi Huang and Kublai Khan leaderheads. Last, thanks to fitchn for CivMore where I pilfered the Agricultural trait and a few trait combos. If I've borrowed work or ideas from anyone else, please let me know so I can properly credit you.

Seems good! My questions is(im a noob in modding), does it cause any problem if installed togheter with the other 2 addons for sevo(that would be keldath and gir addons)??
Well, 1 problem that I can figure out by myself is that that new CIVS wouldent have the 5 UU of Keldath hehe..

Arlborn,

It would be challenging, though not impossible, to merge this mod into GIR or keldath's mod. The main files that would need to be modified would be Civ4ArtDefinesUnit.xml, Civ4CivilizationsInfo.xml, Civ4TraitInfos.xml Civ4GameText_Infos.xml, and Civ4UnitInfos.xml. You would basically have to cut and paste any part of these files that are not in keldath's/GIR's, in addition to extracting all the other files to the appropriate directory. If keldath or GIR wish to merge my mod into theirs, they are more than welcome.

ripple01

Maybe you should ask Sevo himself to add these changes in next version? would be cool :)

Top Bottom