Total Realism FAQ

Here's a few. Copy/Paste them into your first post Houman.

Q: Does this mod work with warlords?
A: Not yet, but the team are working on a patch for it.

Q: What do assasins do?
A: Fortify them in enemy cities, and they destroy culture and cause riots.

Q: Why are there barbarians appearing around my city.
A: You are using slavery, which causes regular slave rebellions.

Q: There is a row of added very small icons in the UI with no mouseover help, what do they do?

When I start a game (custom or use your earth-map) I can change my difficulty, but not any of the AI who always seem stuck on "noble" (I think)... What's going on here? How do I play at harder levels or does my setting dictate the overall difficulty level?

RickAucoin:

A: It is plot list for arranging your troops/armies

12Monkey's Plot List -- Included is a modified version of 12m's Plot list enhancer. This allows you to group your unit icons by unit or by group, arrange them visually on screen, and provides additional information in the infopane. Also, now you can tell at a glance who's fortified, who's healing, who can be upgraded, and who's injured.

read further about it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=149572

Miserable09:

A: When you change your own difficulty the AI is adjusted accordingly, you cant change the "grey'ed out noble on the ai - not in this mod nor the vanilla version"

So in short: just move your diff up and it gets harder - to spice it up you can choose aggresive ai aswell.

Q: How can i hire mercenaries
A: The hammer button above +/- resarch in top left corner of the screen

Q: Why i cant trade technologies in World Map
A: It is of as default

Q: Why i get bonus to resarch when i open borders
A: ...

Q: Why i have lost a holy city
A: If you dont have a state religion as the holy city is, it looses its holy status after x turns. After some time holy city of that religion will show up in other city of its religion (or back to the one that has lost it, if it was the only one of that religion)

Q: Why i cant spread other religions in my Jewish state cities
A: Judaism is dominant religion, forbiding you to spread or have any other religion than judaism, exept for Judaism Holy City.

RickAucoin said:
Q: There is a row of added very small icons in the UI with no mouseover help, what do they do?

In general these icons are for arranging stacks of units on same tile - try it and im sure you figure out. Otherwise there is a list of funcions of these buttons somewhere in TR folder(I cant remember exact path, but it surely exist:D )

@ Houman

Yes it spread. Maybe too fast, still leaves no "free" civ for Cristianity or Islam.
But dont know for sure if it is still dominant religion.

And i think it is more realistic when religion doesnt spread whith out opened borders. The best for me is to make religion spread only in your country borders, but you must have it as state religion. If you want to spread it outside, you eighther must use missionaries or Holy Shrine.

Judaism is now on 33% much lower than other religions. Are you sure it is spreading fast? Christianity has 75%, Islam 70%. They should spread easily.

Please doublecheck for em, if there are also other religions in the cities where Judaism has spread to. Or ar ethese cities Jewish only? In that case this might be a bug, since Judaism is spreading and destroying everything else (it is dominant, but it is not set as one)

Judaism is spreading rather fast in my current game too. It's tolerable, but seems abnormal for how slow it is supposed to be.

WarKirby

And is there any other religion ever in the cities with Judaism on in or not? Please focus on this and report back to me. Maybe it is a bug in the python files. Otherwise I suggest setting it lower to 25%.

Some cities have more than one religion.

Also, it may actually be due to the fact that Asoka, the founder, is the most powerful civ (by a tiny margin) and is aggressively spreading it.

WarKirby

Judais is not set as dominant in default (i have judaism and buddism by game not WB).
And yes it spreads too fast. Before i have reached Cristianity i europe was zorastrial and hinduistic, mideast hinduistic, russia zoroastiac, and china india and japan Judaist. Than Taoism founded by Shaka grew up in lots of cities, but only shaka remained Taoist. When Cristianity was funded by Cyrus, it had no "free" city to spread in Old World. America had no religion, and Islam was funded by Russia that grew in power.
But neighter Christianity not Islam had their state religion.

Anaztazioch said:
Judais is not set as dominant in default (i have judaism and buddism by game not WB).
And yes it spreads too fast. Before i have reached Cristianity i europe was zorastrial and hinduistic, mideast hinduistic, russia zoroastiac, and china india and japan Judaist. Than Taoism founded by Shaka grew up in lots of cities, but only shaka remained Taoist. When Cristianity was funded by Cyrus, it had no "free" city to spread in Old World. America had no religion, and Islam was funded by Russia that grew in power.
But neighter Christianity not Islam had their state religion.

Interesting. But are you sure that these cities had not more than one religion inside? In that case this is ok, since th AI chooses which one should be set to state religion. Especcially those with favorite religion (like Europeans to Christianity) should have changed the statereligion once they have found it.

Please report more about this. maybe We should set Christianity, Islam, Buddhism accordingly higher than they are now. (about 20-25%)

Thanks
Houman

Well on the saves in Bug report. I made Bismark Buddisk (WB), than changed all his cities into christianity + holy city, also erazing buddism. I had to wait over 20 turns for him to convert (5 turns is required betwean revolutions).

But Wang Kon changes religions almost instantly (he had buddism and islam). He was changing right after i used WB, or after waiting that 5 turn "rest" betwean revolutions.

No answer as to whether this mod works with multiplayer on that site. Every time we try to start a game in mp with this mod both games crash, and we wind up back at the desktop being asked up about sending an error report. Are there any plans to get this mod to work with multiplayer?

zarakand said:
No answer as to whether this mod works with multiplayer on that site. Every time we try to start a game in mp with this mod both games crash, and we wind up back at the desktop being asked up about sending an error report. Are there any plans to get this mod to work with multiplayer?

TR is not compatible wit MP - at least Mercenary mod is one of component which cause OOS - we are waiting for new version

Top Bottom