[Global mod] Medieval

PSYX

Warlord
[Global mod] Medieval
(English and russian version)

Works only with CIV4 Warlords!!!

Scenario: "Battle of the Kalka River" (This scenario is in the mod)

http://psyx.civfanatics.ru/img_medieval_mod/site_imgs/Battle_of_the_Kalka_River.jpg 218 kb

Battle of the Kalka River (May 31, 1223) was the first military engagement between the Mongol armies of Genghis Khan and the East Slavic warriors. It was fought on the bank of the Kalka River, somewhere between present-day Donetsk and Mariupol.
The Battle of the Kalka River is commonly viewed as a catastrophe in the disintegrating Kievan Rus'. The Mongol commanders, however, were not inclined to conquer Rus at that time. Genghis Khan viewed their mission as a mere reconnaissance in force to prepare a better attack in the future. The Mongols returned under the leadership of Batu Khan more than a decade later, in 1239, in a more extensive campaign.

(Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Kalka_River")

Religions of the mod:

http://psyx.civfanatics.ru/img_medieval_mod/Religions_eng.jpg 42 kb

Civs of the Beta version: (+ uni buildings)

- Kyivan Rus (leader:Oleg, uni unit: kyivan peshecz)

- Great Novgorod (leader:Nevsky, uni unit: novgorodian ratnik)

- Poland (leader: Casimir и Sobieski 3, uni unit: heavy hussar)

- Byzantium (leader:Theodora и Basil, uni unit: dromon)

- Teutonic Order (leader:Hermann von Salza, uni unit: teutonic knight)

- Moscovy (leader:Horobrit, uni unit: suzdalskyi druzhinnik)

- Desht - i - Kypchak (leader:Kotian Sutoevich, uni unit: stepnyak)

- others in progress for full version...

Times of the game: 7-15 century...

Staff of the mod team:
(In brackets it is underlined, who, than is borrowed)
Active modders:
- Blacksun (SDK and Python - scripts...)
- PSYX (Mod completing, graphic, units, civs, leaders...)
Modders in future:
- NeverMind (Info...)
- Swan (Technologes...)
- Vpadlo (SDK-scripts...)

ReadMe:

========================================= = = = =
# [Global mod] Medieval v. 0.1
# Civilization 4: Warlords © 2006 Firaxis Games
# Created by - © PSYX

Please, send me all your suggestions to:
psyx@email.ua
or
to ICQ:
205-595-304
========================================= = = = =

Name: “Medieval”

About mode:
This mod is about medieval times (7 – 14 century).

Theare are added:

- 11 units (more in info in mod folder file: “ReadMe - Medieval mod Units”)

- 7 civs (with their leaders, units and buildings)

- 2 new religions: Catholicism, Orthodoxy

The site of the mod:

http://psyx.civfanatics.ru

All images and texts were taken from open media sources.

Thanks for all participant of the forum civfanatics.ru, civfanatics.com and civru.com

Special thanks: Blacksun for Python-scripts and SDK, kodzi for Poland mod, Andros for testing mod, Nevermind for info

File of the mod "Medieval" with scenario (Beta version)
DOWNLOAD (23,4 Mb)

Screenshots:

For screenshots #2

I alwyas wanted a good medieval mod! Didnt find a good one yet, perhaps this one! But..It isnt in english??

Yes, in English too...

PSYX said:
[Global mod] Medieval
(English and russian version)

It's right at the top of the page. There's no need to clutter the thread with more screenshots, or take away the existing ones.

How many civs do you plan on including, eventually? I planned on putting a couple eastern european civs in my mod, and I'd like to see how they're represented in other mods for ideas.

2 skylined
Spasibo!!! :)))

2darkedone02
I will update screenshots...

2 GRM7584
In medieval mod will be more civs then in Beta... I think, it will be 25-30 civs minimum... (such as: europian civs, some of arrabian civs and others...)

i need in some help... Who can write the cities list of Teutonic Order and Desht-i-Kypchak?

PSYX said:
i need in some help... Who can write the cities list of Teutonic Order and Desht-i-Kypchak?

First of all: It looks to become a very intersting mod. I'm very interested in the medieval Eastern Europe. Could you also add the Swedish, couse they also had a big influence especially in the North of Russia.
I don't know about the Desht-i-Kypchak, but i can give you some Cities owned by the Teutonic Order (Names in German):

Koenigsberg
Riga
Danzig
Memel
Tilsit
Balga
Braunsberg
Marienwerder
Mewe
Dirschau
Mareinburg
Tannenberg
Narwa
Wesenberg
Reval
Arensburg
Pilten
Windau
Wenden
Allenstein
Darkehmen
Fischhausen
Johannesburg
Ortelsburg
Lyck

I hope you can use the list and I'm looking forward to play the Mod. By the way: Could you please make a German version as well? I would be very gratefull.

Iuvavus said:
First of all: It looks to become a very intersting mod. I'm very interested in the medieval Eastern Europe. Could you also add the Swedish, couse they also had a big influence especially in the North of Russia.
I will add Swedish... Can you tell me swedish uni unit, please? Have you any pictures?

Iuvavus said:
I hope you can use the list and I'm looking forward to play the Mod.
Great!!!:goodjob: Thanks for the list!!!! I will use it my mod...

Iuvavus said:
By the way: Could you please make a German version as well? I would be very gratefull.
Sorry, but I dont know German:( . But if, who that can translate the mod text on German, I shall necessarily add in the mod

After nobody updated or added to the Pirate mod (which I am VERY disappointed in), I will try this one out and see how it goes. Looks good from the screen shots.

Has ANYONE thought of making a pirate or barbarian available civ for their mod? I love playing as the bad guys.

ruffriders23 said:
Has ANYONE thought of making a pirate or barbarian available civ for their mod? I love playing as the bad guys.
Pirates is the good idea!!! :) I think, that it will be interesting... I can add pirates, as the neutral playble nation...

Do that or barbarians. There is a mod on here now called "Pirates Mod" that I love to play. If you could put them in and some of the pirates I mentioned in the thread, I would play this mod more than Total Realism.

I like playing as the bad guys. I don't know why... but I do. Maybe make their ships more powerful than the normal ships or something.

I downloaded both the full version and the patch. However, when I tried to load the mod in Warlord, I get the following error : "Failed Loading XML file XML\Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml.[.\FXml.cpp:133]Error parsing XML File

This is subsequently followed by about 200+ XML Error. There is no way for me to abort from the error process. I have to keep pressing OK and OK without end. Finally I cannot stand it anymore, and press CTRL-ALT-DEL, bring up the Window Task Manager and ABORT the Civilization4.exe process !!!!

There should be an easier way to exit gracefully, instead of the ugly mess... Just my 2 cents. I did not have the opportunity to play the mod yet, so I cannot say anything about the quality. My only complain is the 200+ windows poping out of my screen.

I just tried to play it also and got a crap load of XML errors and the game just closed.

PSYX said:
I will add Swedish... Can you tell me swedish uni unit, please? Have you any pictures?

My Ideas for a Swedish UU are Varagians or Vikings. You can use Berserks from Warlords.
By the Way: you can use the following leaders: Olof Skottkounung (960 - 1022)
First Christian King in Sweden
Margaret of Denmark (1353 - 1412)
founder of the Kalvar Union, union of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, lasted until 1521

PSYX said:
Pirates is the good idea!!! I think, that it will be interesting... I can add pirates, as the neutral playble nation...

For a Pirate Leader I'd suggest: Klaus Stoertebeker (1360 - 1401)
Nothern German Pirate who captured Ships from the Haseatic League until he was captured and executed in 1401. I think his base was in Visby on Gotland.

PSYX said:
Sorry, but I dont know German . But if, who that can translate the mod text on German, I shall necessarily add in the mod

Send me the texts in English and I'l see what I can do.

ruffriders23 said:
I just tried to play it also and got a crap load of XML errors and the game just closed.

You'll must have loaded it with Standard CIV4, if you look at the first post, its for Warlords only.

EDIT: Hate that Blue star flag for the Americans. R/W/B is better, thx.

Top Bottom