PH04: One Happy Family

pholkhero

Deviant Mind
THIS IS A WARLORDS GAME

Okay, here's the deal. It's a simple rule: we must win by Diplomatic victory, and focus on religion, and making our neighbors into one big happy f-in family (that will then vote for us in the UN elections).

Leader: Gandhi of the Indians
Opponents: 6 Random
Difficulty: Monarch
Map: Continents
Size: Standard
Speed: Normal
Victory: All Enabled, but only Diplomatic counts as a win! :D

Variant rules:
* I'd like to make Reliigion and Priests our primary strategy in this game (even to the point of spreading by sword ;))

Roster:
Pholkhero
Karr1255
Robo Kai
Scowler
Xerol

Preference give to those who wanted in on PH03 ~ but "all are welcome, allll are wellllcome . . . . step into the light, step into the lighhtttttt" err...sorry...

so, any interest from the board??

Oh all righhtttttt. I'll be in, even though this is my third running SG... and probably my fourth, if my other SG takes off.

Ive been playing Civ for awhile now and have read a ton of SG's, but have never been in 1. I would like to get my feet wet. Count me in if youll have me.

Alright, all are in (not counting rex this time).

Cabledawg ~ is warlords fine with you?

I'd like to join too, if there is a place left ;)

Scowler said:
I'd like to join too, if there is a place left ;)
Okay, you're in! Roster changed. It's good to see that, w/the exception of RoboKai, I've never played an SG w/any of ya'll ~ nice! I'm hoping that this will work out well.

I also have been thinking that we should have a vassal limit, too, to prevent an all out warring situation to get everyone to submit ~ but we could declare one civ ~ say, the 3rd civ we meet, as our arch-enemy and need to subdue them and make them our allies. Or, just have a one vassal limit.

I won't be able to roll a start until this evening (eastern stand. time) so we have time to hash out this sub-variant ~ i definitely think it should only be 2 max, but 1 may be better. what do you think?

karr1255 said:
Signing in. I really like the new Ghandi with the old Saladin traits. We should definitily go for an early religion and depending on available ressources a wonder.
I'd only go for a wonder if a)we had the nearby resource or b)it gives either a Great Priest or Great Priest points. This is Monarch so i don't want to go wonder-chasing and lose out on a few. I'd rather prioritize one or two and go for them, and be sure to grab them.

Early religion is key. Should we go Poly>Masonry>Monotheism for two early religions? Or Poly>Priesthood>Writing>Alphabet>CoL and head for Oracle? Or something else entirely??

@ Xerol ~ haha, if you'd like to play, i don't mind putting you in as an alternate. that way, in anyone goes awol or has to drop out, you'll be there to pitch in :nod: huh, huh? "Whaddaya'say?"

How about an extra condition that we have to have everyone in the same religion at one point in the game? Just for the extra challenge.

i thought of that, but i wouldn't want that to ruin our race for Diplo ~ in an ideal world, our opponent would a different religion than us, but if we're all the same religion we may lose votes taht would otherwise go to us ~ perhaps 4 out of 6 opponents may be good to aim for, counting our 1 allowed vassal??

oh, the reason i popped onto the board here is to list some wonders we may like to aim for:

Univ. of Sankore
Spiral Minaret (2 no-brainers)
Angkor Wat
Chichen Itza
Oracle

along with plenty of temples to run many priests ~

edit: btw, i'll roll up a start tongiht ~ about 8 hours hence. This is priority #1 for the night. I'll post the start, and let whoever's around comment on it, and will then play the first 20 a few hours later.

The settings:

And the start, after i moved the warrior W or SW to the hill he's on:

Discuss. I will be playing in several hours.

Here's Gandhi's traits from my corner:

Philosophical:
* GP birth rate increased 100%
* dbl prod: University.
University: 200h; req’s Education, Library; +3 culture, +25% science;

Spiritual:
* No anarchy
* dbl prod: Temple.
Temple: 80h; req’s Priesthood (religion); +1 culture, +1 Happy, can turn 1 citizen into Priest.

Fast Worker (replaces Worker): Str0, mvt3, 60h; can improve tiles

Mausoleum (replaces Jail): 120h, req: Constitution; -25 War unhappiness, +2 happiness

Starting Techs
Mysticism
Mining

* I definitely think we should head for Poly for Hinduism and then maybe we should aim for worker techs, CoL via Oracle, Civil Service w/a Great Priest (stonehenge??), and Philo/Taoism soon to follow.

Initial suggestion: Poly>Agr
Build: warrior>worker at pop2

anybody else have other thoughts??

Before any exploring i recommend going poly>agr. If we get the oracle->CoL we get a GP anyway for CS but if we go for stonehenge i would probably use the first GP for CoL and forget the oracle. Rather use philo instead of chasing wonders.
But a lot of this depends on terrain and ressources so no definitive answer without scouting.

cheap temples+philosophical=easy great prophets

Guys, I do not have Warlords....I also just spilled volcanic candle wax on my thumb....youch. Ill pass on this game. I could go out and buy Warlords, but it would take me a few games to get up to speed on the differences. Ill lurk here though. Good luck.

@ Cabledawg: aww...sorry to hear that...and about your hand too :goodjob: Wish us luck. I think we'll need it.

@ Xerol: 1st alternate, now drafted!! Report for duty!!

I'm going to play now. I will go for Hinduism and then Agriculture, and just explore our surroundings. we can take stock of the situation at that time.

Top Bottom